Options

Does Packet Tracer have a Mac version?

johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
as title.

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My understanding is PT is not available directly for Mac OS, and you'll have to either run a Windows emulator or a Virtual Machine running Windows. FWIW, I used to run Packet Tracker in Wine on Ubuntu with no problems.
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    YFZblu wrote: »
    My understanding is PT is not available directly for Mac OS, and you'll have to either run a Windows emulator or a Virtual Machine running Windows. FWIW, I used to run Packet Tracker in Wine on Ubuntu with no problems.

There are version of PT for Linux as well. They work pretty well, I used to use it on my laptop under Mint. Isnt there a Wine-like application for Mac as well that would allow the OP to get around the whole VM bit?
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Isnt there a Wine-like application for Mac as well that would allow the OP to get around the whole VM bit?

Crossover is the name of the mac equivalent. I've used it numerous times and stacksocial has a name your own price on 10 apps including Crossover. The special is called Name Your Own Price Mac Bundle 2.0

Source
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+