Options

CISSP Exam: I nailed it, Glory to God!

joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just want to quickly share my good news! I passed the CISSP today. I must confess this is being the longest exam I have ever studied for and written (off and on, been studying for over 1 year but really intensified more in the last 3 months). But I'm glad it is done now!!! I can relax a bit before whatever comes next.

My mode of study:
Shon Harris Book:
Primary study book has been the Shon Harris Study Guide, I was able to email the PDFs of the e-book on the CD to myself and download to my I-Pad (really cool), that made it easy, instead of having to carry around that huge book.

Skillsoft Offering:
Also, I got a free SkillSoft course material through my ACM student membership. This I got about 3 months ago, this really motivated my study and helped me greatly listening to the material instead of reading it all the time.

Above all, my faith in God, constantly praying even during the exam in my heart saw me through, Glory to God!

More later.

Joebanny

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Nice work
  • Options
    moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Congratulations Joe icon_cheers.gif I know the feeling of walking out of that exam room victorious. Take a well deserved break.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Yes, congratulations on your accomplishment! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    God be the Glory is right... I know the feeling.. Congrats to you my friend...
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
  • Options
    datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations...
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congratulations joebanny! Ain't it a great feeling?
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    MegaMacMegaMac Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you! Your own hard work and self determination paid off!
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats that is a major accomplishment! I am currently reading Shon Harris' book 6th edition, do you think just reading this book is enough to pass?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    @danny069, in my opinion I think that Shon Harris book is quuite detailed and enough to pass (I actually used th 5th edition) however, because she provides too much details, it is easy to get off track and forget stuff, from what I have read on this forum, the Conrad book seems to be more brief and straight to the point (though I don't have a copy or ever seen it). What I will really say helped me is the Skillsoft CBT which I was lucky enough to get for free. My suggestion therefore will be in addition to the SHarris book, (get another material if you can) which is much more straight to the point- just my opinion. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    RogueJDRogueJD Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Wouldn't it be logical to thank the author of the book? Or Skillsoft? Or ACM? Or acknowledge that it was your own efforts?

Credit where it is deserved.
  • Options
    benjrixbenjrix Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Joe, Which other studies do you think would be helpful to ace this exam ?
  • Options
    Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the CISSP Exam Joebanny !!!

I've studied for CISSP exam for almost a year pretty consistently with Shon Harris 5th Edition, CBT Nuggets Video Training, and alot of test questions.. After all this time I still don't feel very comfortable about this exam.

Now i'm stuck between just taking the exam or doing a boot camp prior to the exam. Has anyone here went to a CISSP Boot Camp ? If so, was it worth the cost ?

Thanks
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Diggs3d wrote: »
    Congrats on passing the CISSP Exam Joebanny !!!

I've studied for CISSP exam for almost a year pretty consistently with Shon Harris 5th Edition, CBT Nuggets Video Training, and alot of test questions.. After all this time I still don't feel very comfortable about this exam.

Now i'm stuck between just taking the exam or doing a boot camp prior to the exam. Has anyone here went to a CISSP Boot Camp ? If so, was it worth the cost ?

Thanks

Absolutely........
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    Psyco32Psyco32 Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!
    2014 GOALS
    > GMOB [MAR_2014] OSCP [MAY_2014] GREM [OCT_2014]
  • Options
    corettacoretta Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Amen and Congrats to you.