Options

putting Certs on your Resume

what is the proper way to do this for microsoft Certs

do you put MCSE which implies to someone knwlegable that u are and MCP

OR do you put MCP as well

the reason i ask is alot of places use resume scanning software so if the require u to be and MCP and it's not listed cause our and MCSE it's possailbe ot be over looked

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    If you are an MCSE you have to be an MCP, but they are two different classifications. I put MCP (all 4) on along with my MCSE.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    It's implied that an MCSE is also MCSA, and MCP. It's really personal preference. I list the MCP exams I have passed, but not MCP itself, as I hold MCDST, it's implied I must be MCP.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Ricka182 wrote:
    It's implied that an MCSE is also MCSA, and MCP. It's really personal preference. I list the MCP exams I have passed, but not MCP itself, as I hold MCDST, it's implied I must be MCP.

while I agree that the MCSE is higher than the MCSA....have the fist does not mean you have the second. You do not have to take the 218 exam to be an MCSE but you do for the MCSA. icon_wink.gif ...But, I do understand what you are saying...

As far as putting stuff on your resume, it just depends. Back when I was doing the NT 4 stuff...I want to say I had my MCSE and my MCP+I ...right before I got my MCSE+I...In this case, I put both. If I am sending my resume to a recruiter, I put everything. Some of those people are Knuckle-heads....I walked out of an interview with one because they kept asking me if I had experience with NT server...I said umm..yes...I have my MCSE in NT 4......They again replied with the question.....I asked them if they actually knew what they were looking for.

so, when it comes to putting certs on a resume, I kind of feel out he situation and then decide....but again..If it is a recruiter, put everything. icon_wink.gif

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA