Options

CCENT/ICND1 Odd Ball Questions?

silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
Hi guys,
I'm scheduled to take the ICND1 next Thursday and I'm trying to cram everything I possibly can. I think I have a pretty good understanding of most topics in general but I'm worried about oddball questions. I've taken quite a few practice tests and score consistently in the 80-85% range but there are always a few out-there type questions that leave me going "huh?".

Have any of you guys run into any questions like this / recall any topics that prompted this response on the ICND1?
Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
Working on: MCITP:SA
Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA

Comments

• Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Know your commands and the topics from the Cisco site well. Practice with Packet Tracer if you have no lab equipment to get familiar with the commands, protocols, etc and know your subnetting :). Its been a while since I took it but as long as you study you will do fine.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Thanks for the info ajmaston, I've been trying to do a bunch of stuff in PT to prepare for the sims! I appreciate your input!
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA