Options

job market in New England

Im' currently in school if all goes as planned I'll have my A+,Net+ security +, Linux + MCSE 2003 and CCNA by this time next year

Im' wondreing what the job market there is like??

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    The job market here is good, IF you have experience. If you just go to school, obtain all those certs, but don't have any experience, you probably won't see much action. They are good, and valuable certs, but having a cert only proves your knowledge of theory for the subject. Experience is much more valuable. I would HIGHLY recco doing some sidework, even it's helpdesk support in the meantime. That will greatly increase your chances of being looked at. Personally, I think you're going for too many certs at once. I would concentrate on one track as opposed to having a little of everything. School labs do not really count as experience, mainly because if you screw something up, it can be simply reset....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I have 3 years experience in a help desk supporting micrsoft windows XP and office (97-2003)

also built a database for a large hospital in California

so I do have experience in the IT market..hopefully the 3years in a hlep desk plus antoher year of various IT work along with those certs will pay off