Options

Passed icnd2 :)

ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
Well it has been a long road. I failed the ICND2 twice because I went into it very cocky after passing the CCENT about a year ago. I took a step back and focused on my degree for a bit and about 3 months ago I jumped back into my studies for the ICND2. I spent a lot reading and watching CBTs but when the changes were made (I was also reading and watching the CCNA Security material :D) I switched and took the CCNA:S and passed it before taking the ICND2. Fast Forward to today and I finally scheduled and took the ICND2 and proud to say it all payed off. I passed the ICND2 today with a 986/1000. Honestly I think taking the CCNA Security first helped me because ACLs were a relay weak point for me and I learned a lot in the CCNA:S training :)

Materials Used:
GNS3
Real Hardware Lab
Todd Lammle's CCNA Book (Focusing on the ICND2 chapters)
CBT Nuggets (Thank you CBT for the $99 Monthly icon_lol.gif)
Working on currently:
Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go man, That is an amazing score!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done on adding to an already impressive resume!
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Thank you everyone. It was a long road :) I think I am taking a change of pace and getting the Juniper JNCIA and JNCIS-SEC before starting the CCNP Security Track :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

I'm planning to take my exam at the end of May/early June. I'm also a fan of Todd Lammle's book great resource easy to read.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63