Options

WGU BS IT SEC - No more CCNA??!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I really think you should be able to pick your own certs based off of what path you want to take in your IT career. I also think they should give you more flexibility in choosing your other classes as well.
  • Options
    CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    @ xocity,

Thank you very much for emailing your mentor and clarifying what's going on at WGU!
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    razz2525 wrote: »
    I'm starting my BSIT Security on May 1st and I'm trying to get through the program in 18 months. The estimated end of my plan is in April 2016. No way! Does anyone here have any recommendations as to what courses to accelerate and move to the 1st and 2nd terms? I'm playing with my Degree Plan now and I'm not sure which courses to move up and which to leave exactly where they are. I met the requirements of all of the humanities classes - the only non-tech classes that didn't transfer over were BNC1, MGC1 and TPV1.

The easiest way to speed along is to take the classes with the online exams and easiest IT exams (IT fund 1-3, Net+, Sec+, MTAs) 1st. If it hasn't changed then you just take the pre-assessment and if you can muster a passing score, schedule the test. 5 days and you done. Use those 5 days to go over the material. The draw back is you are left with the major certs which can take awhile. I finished almost 50 cu's my 1st term but now all I have left are ICND2, MSCA:2008, 70-680, technical writing and capstone.