Ccent for dummies - enough to pass?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've recently picked up the ccent for dummies book and find it a nice easy read. Seems to cover everything lammle and odom cover. Anyone else used this book to pass the exam?

Comments

• ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    I never read it but I can tell you from my CCNA experience there is never too much you can read and study. I failed the ICND2 twice before passing it on the 3rd try. I would have at least 1 full resource like Lammle's CCENT book.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The CCENT For Dummies All-In-One has really nice reviews on Amazon - albeit only 8 of them. Looks good though.
  • Iceman25kIceman25k Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used it when studying for my CCNA; it's great for someone who might be brand new to the world of networking and Cisco, but I would never use it as my only resource. Using other sources provides you with information that might be overlooked/missed.

Case in point, right now I'm studying for the CCNP Route exam and I can tell you that if I had taken the exam after just using the CBT Nuggets videos, I would have failed big time.
    11/29/12: Begin CCNP ROUTE.
  • dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    I have been using it and so far I feel I am doing really well. I am upto chapter 2 in the second book.
    The labs after each chapter are brilliant in my opinion, make sure you do everyone as they really help drill the info into your head.
    I have ordered Lammles CCNA 7th edition as well to read after it.
    I'm hoping that combo plus Packet tracer for all the labs will be enough.
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]