Options

"Do you have any questions?" question

2»

Comments

• Options
    z3r0coolz3r0cool Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    4 Essential Questions To Ask At The End Of A Job Interview

I liked the 4 that are in that link, and it seems to have a different way of phrasing the question I asked above. I also like Purple's suggestion.

t-minus: 2hrs 30 min till 2nd interview with IT Director and counting.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    z3r0cool wrote: »
    4 Essential Questions To Ask At The End Of A Job Interview

t-minus: 2hrs 30 min till 2nd interview with IT Director and counting.

To me, some of those questions indicate you're more concerned about impressing the interviewer, than determining if the role is a good fit for you. They're not terrible by any means, but earnest questions will usually serve you better.

PS - I often try to do something calming before an interview. Good luck and may it go swell. :)
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Honestly in my successful interviews I've done without asking any questions when asked.

I usually try to ask plenty of questions during the interview to make it more conversational. If I have no valid questions to ask at the end I simply let them know that they've already answered all the questions I had throughout the interview and I will be in touch if anything additional comes up.

Asking questions that could be taken as generic or stupid are only going to hurt your chances!
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MiikeB wrote: »
    Even if you already know the answers from what you researched before, ask some questions like:

What is the companys vision for the future? How does it plan to stay competitive in the market?

Are there opportunities to cross train with other departments?

How did the company get its start?

I would avoid asking any questions about benefits/schedule/pay/leave/meals etc until you actually get an offer. Questions like "any chance I can work 9 hour days and take a half day friday?" are turn offs in the initial interview. If that kind of thing is important to you at least wait until you know you are their first pick.

Lol... I asked what the pay was in the interview for my current employer and they kindly told me they didn't have an answer yet. I did have a few questions lined up about the job which I ended up asking too. Questions like "How many others are working on the helpdesk?", "What types duties will I carry out the most if offered the position?", "How long do people stay on the helpdesk before moving up?", etc...
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens