Options

CCNA by the September 30th deadline if I start studying in mid July?

NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
How much will I have to kill myself studying in order to achieve this goal? I have my Network+ but I've currently been working towards an MCSA which I intend to complete by the beginning of July. I want to try and beat the deadline for the old exam.
O
/|\
/ \

Comments

• Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depends on your experience with Cisco. Personally, I don't think the difference is much between the exams.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    I have zero experience with Cisco products..
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have a networking background, it is extremely possible to do this in 2 months.

My only background is Cisco NetAcademy(about 6 months self studying) and Reading CiscoPress ICND1.
    As I Read through ICND2, I noticed I can read a chp in a day instead of several days with Netacademy.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should probably try to finish MCSA first since you've already started. Then take the new CCNA. This is just a recommendation. The way I see it is that both the MCSA and CCNA takes a while to pass. If your a really quick learning you may be able to do it, but most people probably couldn't.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    You should probably try to finish MCSA first since you've already started. Then take the new CCNA. This is just a recommendation. The way I see it is that both the MCSA and CCNA takes a while to pass. If your a really quick learning you may be able to do it, but most people probably couldn't.

That was my plan, to complete the MCSA by the end of June/early July then jump right into the CCNA to take the old exam before the deadline
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It should be possible to finish CCNA much before the deadline, if you read at least 4-5 hours a day. You may need to allot some time for CCNA prep while studying for MCSA. You can also have some hands-on practice using any network sims that are available, such as Boson, CertExams, Packet Traceer (only for Cisco Academy students).

Further, there are a lot of free resources available online. Cisco Press books fulfill the need for a study guide but not sufficient to pass the exam.

Good luck!
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are experienced enough, hen you can took two exams in 1 month or even 2 weeks or even in 1 week. ;)
    All depends on your level of familiarity with CISCO components.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security