Options

Passed the 70-680

JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
I passed the 70-680 today by the skin of my teeth with a 700. It was my first time taking the exam and scored a 100% in deployment thanks to my server lab build. Now on to the 70-686. Good luck to everyone icon_cheers.gif
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on next exam
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    @Dakinggamer87 Thanks and Thanks bro!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what did you use to study and lab build?
  • Options
    @Rosco2382 I used Don Poulton MCTS book and his Command line book. My lab build was a HP ml110 server with an adaptec raid card with six ssd in raid 0 & a 3 tb hard drive for storage and I used ESX and VSphere with 2 win7, one vista and one xp machine and 2 2008 R2 servers one as a domain controller and the other was for WDS. Also I have a TechNet subscription which has been invaluable. Good luck bro!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    garysaxonjrgarysaxonjr Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    @garysaxonjr and @psoasman thanks guys!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Congradulations on joining the 70-680 club.
  • Options
    biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and best of luck with the 70-686
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JayBlisk wrote: »
    @Rosco2382 I used Don Poulton MCTS book and his Command line book. My lab build was a HP ml110 server with an adaptec raid card with six ssd in raid 0 & a 3 tb hard drive for storage and I used ESX and VSphere with 2 win7, one vista and one xp machine and 2 2008 R2 servers one as a domain controller and the other was for WDS. Also I have a TechNet subscription which has been invaluable. Good luck bro!
    wow nice lab
    congrats on the pass
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Congrats man! I did the exact same thing! (700)

Quick question for everyone who has the MCTS: Should it award a certificate? It shows on the MCP site as a passed exam, but not as a certificate that can be printed like my MTA. I reviewed the 70-680 page and it says it rewards a certificate. Any ideas?

**EDIT**

NVM
  • Options
    @ITMonkey thanks!! @biggene thanks!! @olahalo Thanks!!! @About7Narwhal thanks!!! Thanks everyone I busted my butt for three months on that cert. I hate I didn't come out with a better score than that but like everyone says a pass is a pass. 70-686 here I come icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]