Options

Passed 70-680 today, requesting advice for next steps

Booster42Booster42 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
Frequent lurker, but new poster here; I passed 70-680 this morning and thought I would share my results and study materials:

I was weakest on deploying Windows 7 objective, but could also use improvement in Configuring Backup & Recovery Options and Configuring Access to Resources. I studied intensely for about 10 weeks, but didn't do much labbing. I only passed with a 775, but this was my first attempt. I think lab practice would have improved my score.

I used the following resources:

Don Poulton book
CBT Nuggets
Orin Thomas' MCTS 70-680 Rapid Review, for cramming.
the only 70-680 audiobook available on audible.com (can't remember the name) was good while driving.

I'm now trying to determine whether I should go for the 70-685 next, or drop the MCSA track to start working on the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure (Exams 70-410 through 70-416), which I planned on getting after MCSA anyway. I would appreciate any advice y'all can give!

Comments

• Options
    method115method115 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Booster42 wrote: »
    Frequent lurker, but new poster here; I passed 70-680 this morning and thought I would share my results and study materials:

I was weakest on deploying Windows 7 objective, but could also use improvement in Configuring Backup & Recovery Options and Configuring Access to Resources. I studied intensely for about 10 weeks, but didn't do much labbing. I only passed with a 775, but this was my first attempt. I think lab practice would have improved my score.

I used the following resources:

Don Poulton book
    CBT Nuggets
    Orin Thomas' MCTS 70-680 Rapid Review, for cramming.
    the only 70-680 audiobook available on audible.com (can't remember the name) was good while driving.

I'm now trying to determine whether I should go for the 70-685 next, or drop the MCSA track to start working on the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure (Exams 70-410 through 70-416), which I planned on getting after MCSA anyway. I would appreciate any advice y'all can give!

I've been wondering if that audible book was any good for when I'm driving. My drive is close to an hour long so I thought it might be useful.
  • Options
    biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded the book from audible.com myself. Its definitely better than listening to myself read my notes after recording them to my smartphone, lol.
  • Options
    method115method115 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    biggene wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded the book from audible.com myself. Its definitely better than listening to myself read my notes after recording them to my smartphone, lol.

lol I was going to do the same thing.
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going for the 70-685 because not only will I get the MCSA, but also the MCITP. icon_cheers.gif This is only good for this year as Microsoft will no longer give MCTS, MCITP next year.