Options

Failed :(

2»

Comments

• Options
    xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    sushijeff wrote: »
    WOW I just spent 194.00 to take a test that the MEAUSRE-UP product was supposed to prepare me for and FAILED!! I took the CompTIA A+ 220-802 exam and they had questions that were nothing like the ones on the MEASURE-UP study tests! The MEASURE-UP practice test questions are like elementary and the CompTIA A+ 220-802 exam questions are like college. I was told by numerous people at Canyon State Institute that if I was scoring over 90% on the MEASURE UP practice test that I am ready for the Certification Exam............ I am beyond disappointed!

You've posted in the Security+ forum. I believe you were looking for the A+ forum. Darril Gibson, Mike Meyers, and ExamCram are all good resources for A+. Also, you can't get much better than what Professor Messer is offering completely free.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    WangoWango Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where can you get practice simulations? I'm unaware of anywhere that practice simulations are available for these. I have written several blogs about them that people have told me are useful. It's not appropriate for me to put links to my blogs on this site, but feel free to contact me directly and I can point you in the right direction

I am studying for the exam now but I am terrified. I have been looking for resources which can help me ace the simulation part of the exam. Please send me those links. my email is mitikavuma(at)Hotmail(dot)com. Thanks.
  • Options
    tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sushijeff wrote: »
    WOW I just spent 194.00 to take a test that the MEAUSRE-UP product was supposed to prepare me for and FAILED!! I took the CompTIA A+ 220-802 exam and they had questions that were nothing like the ones on the MEASURE-UP study tests! The MEASURE-UP practice test questions are like elementary and the CompTIA A+ 220-802 exam questions are like college. I was told by numerous people at Canyon State Institute that if I was scoring over 90% on the MEASURE UP practice test that I am ready for the Certification Exam............ I am beyond disappointed!
    Although I passed both, I also was told if you got 90% on measure up, you will easily pass. I was shocked how different it was. There might of been a couple of exact questions like measure up otherwise NO.
  • Options
    trueshrewkmctrueshrewkmc Member Posts: 107
    @Wango Try Darril Gibson's web site: Are You Ready to Get Certified? - Get Certified Get Ahead. Under the Security + Resources, Gibson lists the practice simulation questions as "performance-based questions."

It's not free, but I found his performance-based practice questions to be very effective for SY0-301 back in 2014.

The simulation questions come up first in the exam. If they freak you out, mark them for review and come back to them. Some sim questions are drag and drop matching instead of clicking on stuff and configuring it.

One more sim question tip: When I took the CASP (another CompTIA test) exam in July 2016, I found that I had problems with some simulation questions if I didn't scroll to the bottom of the question screen.
  • Options
    Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    David_P wrote: »
    I just got done taking the exam and failed miserably. The first 7 questions were simulation questions. First of all, I was only expecting 2 or 3, not 7. Most of them were configuring routers, reading event/firewall logs, and specifying how to route traffic to specific machines or departments.

My first question is, do we get partial credit for answering some of these simulation questions correctly?
    Second, where can we get practice simulations?

Try www.gtslearning.com Go to CompTia Self Study Live Labs.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
  • Options
    StiffmeisterStiffmeister Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've lost motivation after my fail in August. For many of us, Sec+ is priority if you work(ed) for the DoD. Hands on experience is difficult because of "if it's not broke, don't touch it". For many DoD positions, you don't even touch the network (create accounts in AD, etc). Seeing how CompTIA Sec+ test has changed with trick questions, poor wording, etc....I believe the company is just out to make money. Darril Gibson's practice tests were simple compared to the scenario questions on the test.

I was making great money in Afghanistan, but today I will be applying at Rite Aid for minimum wage job (I have a mortgage).
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I've lost motivation after my fail in August. For many of us, Sec+ is priority if you work(ed) for the DoD. Hands on experience is difficult because of "if it's not broke, don't touch it". For many DoD positions, you don't even touch the network (create accounts in AD, etc). Seeing how CompTIA Sec+ test has changed with trick questions, poor wording, etc....I believe the company is just out to make money. Darril Gibson's practice tests were simple compared to the scenario questions on the test.

I was making great money in Afghanistan, but today I will be applying at Rite Aid for minimum wage job (I have a mortgage).
    Yikes! Don't give up!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Grave robbers
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!