Options

Job offer

neo468neo468 Member Posts: 123
I got a job offer as a junior systems administrator for a large company in los angeles ca. I have 8 Years of IT experience and below is my resume what kind of salary should i ask for?

Education Bachelor of Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona

Emphasis: Microprocessors, Computer Engineering, Digital Signal Processing, Analog & Digital Communication Systems, Data Structures, Software Engineering, Networking Engineering, Control Systems, Analog & Digital Filter Design, Instrumentation Systems, Power Engineering

Graduated 03/2005

Skills/Abilities
• Problem solving, Analysis, Design
• Self Learner (Strong desire to learn new things)
• Hardware Diagnostics/Installation (PC’s, Laptops, Printers, Fax)
• Software Diagnostics/Installation (Microsoft, Linux, Dos, Novell (Basic))
• Software Support (MS Office, Adobe, Messenger, Mail clients, Anti-Virus (Norton & Mcafee) Fax Clients, CAD/AUTOCAD)
• Network installation/support. (LAN/WAN, Peer to peer & Server/Client, , Fiber Optic, Twisted Pair, Coaxial, Wireless, RS-232)
• Layer 3 Network setup and support, Configuration of (Router, HUB, Switches, Gateways, Firewalls, Repeaters)
• Network Protocols (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NeTBEUI/NETBIOS)
• Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003 Server, Active Directory, Exchange
• Authorized Repair Technician for HP
• Programming C, C++, Visual Basic, Assembly
• Network Set up and Support , Remote Access
• Proficient in Linux, All Windows OS platforms, DOS, Novell(basic), Java (JRE)
• Verbal and Written communication skills, Technical Writing, Group Presentations, Team Projects

Senior Project

Project team designed an X10 system compatible with Wi-Fi. The X10 system can be controlled through a wireless interface and/or through the WAN to turn on/off household items through a client GUI interface. System consists of a client and a server, with the server (Ebox) running Linux Operating System integrated with a Java Run-time edition. X10 code all compiled in Java, with the Server’s Serial Port using a Serial Interface by Java’s ComAPI package integrated on the server to interface with the X10 controller.

Job Experience Lead Computer Technician, JET Research Labs, Arcadia CA (June 1996- December 2002) 626-578-0456

• Managed Authorized HP service center, provided pc and printer support
• Managed Service Contract for Boeing Contract providing onsite hardware/software support in Downey, Seal Beach, Anaheim, Palmdale, Edwards Air Force Base
• Server & Client Build, configure, and deployment (Novell 3.x & 4.x, Windows NT & 2000 Active Directory)
• Onsite network setup and Support (Windows NT, 2000 (Active Directory)), Peer to peer, Workgroup, Server/Client
• Network Cable Installation (Twisted Pair, Coaxial, RS-232, Wireless)
• Custom computer configurations for clients including setup and support
• Setup Remote Connections for clients (Remote Desktop, Terminal Server, PC Anywhere)
• Supported Backup Systems (Scheduling, Troubleshooting)
Scientific/Professional Societies
• Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
1's and 0's

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Don't know the market in Cali, but in the Northeast, that postion would go for at least 40-50k a year. There's a lot there, with good chance for internal advancement. Good luck!
    i remain, he who remains to be....