Options

WGU - MS:ISA Certification Verification

bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
Not sure if anyone can help me here, but after speaking with my student mentor, I was told that in order to use my existing C|EH and CCENT, that the Transcripts Department required an official notice from Cisco and EC Council that would be sent directly to WGU. Is anayone here familiar with that process, and how I go about meeting that specific requirement? Apparently the score reports from the testing center, and copies of my certifications aren't enough in this case. Thanks, in advance.

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    I know that for my program, I had to submit the CCNA:Security, and that was less than two years ago, but I remember its being very straightforward.

If they don't have the link from their side, there should be a link on Cisco's side.

For example, with Cisco, if you log into the Certification Tracker, you can "Publish Credentials"

There is probably a similar function for EC-Council. I couldn't tell you right now, as I've forgotten my EC-Council credentials, and only did their certs because they were required for the degree.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    For EC-Council you'd have to draft an email to the customer service department with your request. I made a similar request several years ago and had no issue with the process.

The key here is independent verification between WGU and the vendors. You have to give authorization but otherwise cannot send unofficial transcripts. I'm applying to several MBA programs and this is quite standard procedure at every institution to obtain official transcripts from my former schools.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco has a 'publish credentials' feature on thier web site. You choose the e-mail address to send a link and code to and the recipient can verify straight with Cisco which certifications you hold. I would imagine EC-Council has something similair.

IMO this is a good step to make all transfer exams are real.

Edited to add: I had to do this when I started with WGU last year and transfered in my CCNA and Security+.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Thanks, guys. Specific information is as follows:

C|EH verification can be requested by e-mailing certhelpdesk@eccouncil.org per the instructions below:

We are happy to provide certification verification to potential employers and will provide the verification within 72 hours of receiving a complete request. Verification for certification requests must be made in writing and include the following:
    • Certificant's full name
    • Certificant's e-mail address
    • Written verification from the certificant to allow designation information to be released to the requestor

Cisco verification can be acquired by going to https://i7lp.integral7.com/cisco/ and selecting "Login with Cisco.com ID" and then selecting "publish credentials" located on the the left column. When prompted for an e-mail address, send to certificateinfo@wgu.edu

Hope this helps someone who might be in the same boat.