Options

Summer (May 20) 2013 Stanly CC vSphere 5 ICM Class Thread

Comments

• Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Can time move any slower??!! .... It's like I'm waiting for Christmas morning again. :)
  • Options
    lordmorgothlordmorgoth Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was able to login, but I'm only able to change my profile details... Nothing more yet.
  • Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm able to log in and see the class this AM. But cannot get into the Netlab website at all. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    xordisxordis Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Logins to OLL will be created today and you will get an email when that happens.
    Until then you can just do the videos etc.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Everyone gets assigned a specific pod for the duration of the class, correct?
  • Options
    xordisxordis Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, you will get your own environment to use.
    They do the same thing for Citrix training. Pretty good as you don't have to mess around getting things ready in a lab to do the exercises.
  • Options
    Course is listed ... the wait is over ... time to begin. icon_cheers.gificon_study.gif
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Not for me I cant even log in ugh lol.
  • Options
    Did you try the password reset? User and password defaults are a bit convoluted so make sure you read that one initial email carefully.
  • Options
    Convoluted indeed. They gave me the wrong one U/N after I even confirmed it with the enrollment individuals haha. Oh well, i'm in now icon_study.gif
  • Options
    Well ... it looks like the books were not needed after all. The contents of the books are on the online class website. Not to complain, though .... I can read the book as I lie in bed.
  • Options
    Good to know, because I never bought them.
  • Options
    ITMonkey wrote: »
    I can read the book as I lie in bed.

Dedication!
  • Options
    What is one to say?.... old monkeys can multi-task too ... I especially like to read and snooze.
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey folks, I'm hoping to carry out this course in the fall and had a few questions.

1. What time (EST) are the course classes on?
    2. Over how many weeks is it carried out?
    3. I've used ESXi before but not in production, would the course be too advanced for me?
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    After reading the syllabus, I believe there is a regular class that also meets at the school. However, as an online user (in California) I do not believe there is any set time to learn the modules and do the labs.

The course lasts 8 weeks; the 60-day evaluation license period for using vSphere might have something to do with this.

Only the first 3 (out of 20-something) modules has been released on the 1st day. Very basic stuff, like installing ESXi and client software, and doing some simple configuring. Learning material looks good; as do the labs ... so far. Glad I registered in the class.
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there anybody in Europe taking this class? Specifically I am in the UK, currently studying CCNA but would like to have a look at VCP next.

:)
  • Options
    lordmorgothlordmorgoth Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi lordmorgoth, how are you finding it? Is there any disadvantage to being so far away do you think? Were you charged anything more? Thanks.
  • Options
    Anyone having issues with esxi-2 on their pods? Boots to a black screen.

EDIT: NM, wasn't booting from the CD drive.
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with esxi-2 on their pods? Boots to a black screen.

QUOTE]

I've seen that too. If this is in regards to Lab 0 (Install ESXi), there is a comment in Task 2 that mentioned the console screen is asleep and need you to hit a keyboard key to awaken it.
  • Options
    revbillygrevbillyg Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just got logged in myself.. ahd to do a pass reset before I could log on. Looking forward to class. Also added myself to the linked in waiting on authorization.
  • Options
    So i'm confused. i see the graded quizzes as well as the labs. Do we just race to complete them on the first day they're available (i assume monday) for 8 weeks? The syllabus doesn't give any dates.
    icon_study.gif
  • Options
    HaswellHaswell Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So i'm confused. i see the graded quizzes as well as the labs. Do we just race to complete them on the first day they're available (i assume monday) for 8 weeks? The syllabus doesn't give any dates.
    icon_study.gif

I just finished taking this class last month. All of the labs are released on the first day, and you have until the last day of the class to finish them. The lectures and quizzes will be released throughout the 8 weeks. There's only 7 quizzes.
  • Options
    that makes sense. thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Does also explain why there could be merit in purchasing the bookset. We can proceed without needing the online videos by reading each module in the books. And the labs and quizes are also accessible from day #1. Seems you can do it at a pace you are comfortable at (as long as it is finished in 8 weeks).
  • Options
    malibubtsmalibubts Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like people have gotten into NetLab? I'm having issues logging in. Did you all use your Moodle username then the 'vmware123' from the instructions page?
  • Options
    malibubts wrote: »
    Did you all use your Moodle username then the 'vmware123' from the instructions page?

First time I logged in, I changed my password.
  • Options
    ITMonkey wrote: »
    First time I logged in, I changed my password.

same...
  • Options
    is it just me or does the lab seem really slow? on lesson 2 installing the esxi client and it chugs... can we complete the lesson in our own lab environment and then just take the quizzes or are the labs MUST dos?