MCITP / MCSA Windows 7 question

Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
My understanding is that if I wanted the MCSA Windows 7 Certification I would have to take:
  1. 70-680 exam
  2. 70-685 exam
But on this site MCSA: Windows 7 Certification | Microsoft Learning under Additional options and information, it states that I can take the 70-686 exam instead of the 70-685 exam.

So, what should I do. I thought the 70-686 was for the MCITP track (which has been changed to the MCSA track).
Any advice would help, thanx.
[ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
[*
] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
/B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
/SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/

Comments

• EasyMac308EasyMac308 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IIRC, the difference between 785 and 786 was which specific client MCITP you were awarded. 786 was Enterprise Desktop Administrator (what I got) and 785 was more consumer-oriented. Now they've merged them into the MCSA program MS doesn't care which one you use to get it.
    Currently Reading: A cereal box
    BS:IT student at WGU - 81/120 CU done as of 6/2016
  • WittykayWittykay Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone, I want to ask a question. I passed 70-642 and am presently studying for 70-680. i want to get certified for server adminstrator. Please i need an advice on what to do. Also can i get a job with 70-680?
  • TechieComedianTechieComedian Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i think we need more info. theres an mcsa for server administrator and also enterprise server administrator. and yes, you can get a job with your 680, just apply and see if you get a call back.