Options

Pix problem

wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
Hi wondering if anyone can help, I got my hands on a pix520 cheap, anway we use nokia ip firewalls at work so I havent had much hands on with pix. Its running 5.1(2) however without vpn so I got a new license key from Cisco, (they offer DES for free) however to intall the key I have to reload the IOS. Only problem is that there is no way to get the IOS off the pix onto a tftp to put it back.
Also my CCO account is limited to router and switch IOS's as we only have a limited support contract so Im stuck an ideas?
Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.

Comments

• Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    wildfire wrote:
    Hi wondering if anyone can help, I got my hands on a pix520 cheap, anway we use nokia ip firewalls at work so I havent had much hands on with pix. Its running 5.1(2) however without vpn so I got a new license key from Cisco, (they offer DES for free) however to intall the key I have to reload the IOS. Only problem is that there is no way to get the IOS off the pix onto a tftp to put it back.
    Also my CCO account is limited to router and switch IOS's as we only have a limited support contract so Im stuck an ideas?
    I'm afraid you will need an account that supports retrieving Pix OSs, as well as the boothelper software you're going to need for that 520.

If all else fails, you can get you a Pix 501 for around $400.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I asked someone else to have a look, they dont store 5.1 on the cco anymore.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.