Options

Recommended books for CCNP routing and switching ?

drareg_ge4225drareg_ge4225 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Day Everyone, I just want to know what are the books you are using or was used to pass CCNP exam ? :) Advance Thank you for your replies :)

Comments

• Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cisco Press is always a safe bet. For ROUTE, I used both the Foundation Learning Guide followed by the Official Certification Guide.

Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide: Foundation learning for the ROUTE 642-902 Exam (Foundation Learning Guides): Diane Teare: 9781587058820: Amazon.com: Books

CCNP ROUTE 642-902 Official Certification Guide (Exam Certification Guide): Wendell Odom: 9781587202537: Amazon.com: Books

For SWITCH, the Official Certification Guide I found sufficient

CCNP SWITCH 642-813 Official Certification Guide (Exam Certification Guide): David Hucaby: 9781587202438: Amazon.com: Books

TSHOOT I also got the Official Certification Guide (I actually just bought the 3-set box), but found if you know the material well, you don't really need to study separately for it.

The CBT Nuggets were also pretty good. I used them to give a high-level overview of the material and to get a general understanding before digging in to the details with the books.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I like the OCGs. CBT Nuggets are also a great resource. I know I say this every time but it wouldn't hurt to check out the Networking Academy.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    KoryKory Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know I have been a broken record about this but Rene's books over at gns3vault.com were indispensable to me. I would say read the OCG, then jump to Rene's book, he gives an explanation of the concept, then a link to a GNS3 lab that demonstrates the concept. For me this was an extremely effective way to learn.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Do a search on the forums. Most people list the materials used when they post about an exam pass.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Currently I have the FLG for Route + TShoot. I picked up the OCG of Switch since it did have slightly better reviews on amazon then the FLG. I also heard that the Chris Bryant Ebooks are very good so I may pick the up as well since they are only 10 bucks each. One thing I don't understand is why did he not include these books with his course on udemy icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Amazon won't let him do it.
  • Options
    drareg_ge4225drareg_ge4225 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the recommendation guys. I will take note of the recommended books. It really saved me time finding great books :) thanks again and have great day ahead :)
  • Options
    paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the Chris Bryant and GNS3Vault books, they are cheap and awesome.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes this form is littered with people discussing what materials they are using for exam prep, a search would prove valuable. I myself have used the Route OCG book so far, paired with CBT nuggets videos, INE Videos, Network Academy Lab Book, and plan on finishing with some Boson exam prep software.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi