Options

Testing Tomorrow 5/8/2013

thecoolnerdsthecoolnerds Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I have my N10-005 tomorrow and I am trying to cram as much as I possibly can. Any other hints? Any ideas what to expect?

I have a few books I am cramming into my brain as well. I have the Microsoft Press Training Kit for n10-005 and it has a great e-book and test engine.

I am reviewing the CBT nuggets N10-004 and N10-005 and there isnt that much difference. Except the N10-005 does focus a bit much more on how things actually work together. Which is what I prefer. I have more than 15 years PC experience under my belt and currently am self-employed. So I know much of the terminology and protocols.

I took the A+ certification last week and passed. Finally, After more than 10 years I finally took it.

Comments

• Options
    liqsh0tliqsh0t Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man you got this! I'm currently scheduled to take my network+ at the end of may so definitely let me know how you thought it was.
  • Options
    Thanks bro. I am going over the CBT Nuggets again at the moment. Good stuff. I finally figured out the Subnetting and Prefix. It was right there in front of me.

I will keep you cool cats updated on how it goes.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on the A+ pass.

The biggest tip I can think of is to make sure you read up on the performance based questions. They are surprising some people.

Good luck.
  • Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    Good luck bro!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    So I passed! Yay! I scored an 835. There were 80 questions.

There were 2 simulations. The simulations count as a question each. One with a WAP that was replaced and needs to be reconfigured. the 2nd was with a switch that has a loop.

As for the test. Some questions did throw me off like maybe 3 or 4, the others were mostly protocols and ports. Over all it was easier than I expected. Light reference to the OSI Model. So yay!

Now I am wondering if I should schedule the Health Care IT test.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Interesting that it was light on the OSI model. I often hear people get about about 10% of the exam on the OSI. Then again, when you know the concepts you often just breeze through them without a second thought.

Good luck with your next adventure.
  • Options
    skipbskipb Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I'm going for my Network+ in a few hours.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    skipbskipb Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So I passed with a score of 793. I ended up with 80 questions and 4 performance based.

i used Mike Meyers All in One (Highly recommend.) and several online practice exams (all practice exams were much easier than the actual exam).