2nd Shot Program for 70-680/70-686?

Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is the 2nd Shot program Microsoft is offering available for the 70-680 and 70-686 exams?
I called Microsoft learning department this morning and they assured me that the MCSA exams do participate in the program.
but they are not listed on the website.
Does anyone know about this? thanx.

I also got a clear answer about the Multiple certifications with two exams. This is what I found:
[FONT=verdana, geneva]These exams have to be taken before January 31, 2014 to get your MCITP/MCTS:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva]
MCSA Windows 7 Path

[/FONT]

Option 1: 3 Certifications
  • Take Exam 70-680 (Taking this one exam gives you the MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration certification)
  • Take Exam 70-686 (Taking this one exam gives you the MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator Windows 7 certification)
  • Take both exams and you will get MCSA: Windows 7 Configuration
Option 2: 3 Certifications

• Take Exam 70-680 (Taking this one exam gives you the MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration certification)
  • Take Exam 70-685 (Taking this one exam gives you the MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7 certification)
  • Take both exams and you will get MCSA: Windows 7 Configuration
[ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
[*
] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
/B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
/SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/

Comments

• About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Yes, I took my second shot to pass the 680. Better hurry though, have to have both the initial and the second shot done by the last day of May.

Your second set of information is incorrect. The 70-680 will give you the MCTS before 2014, and will provide no cert after the 2014 deadline. The 685/686 will provide no certification before or after the 2014 deadline. The 686/685 WITH the 680 will provide both the MCITP and the MCSA until the 2014 deadline, then they will provide the MCSA only.

For more information, review this page and specifically take a look at the Additional Options and Information heading.
  • Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    About7narwhal,

well that clears it up. I called Microsoft yesterday and thats what the rep said. Thanx for clearing it up.
    I will be taking both the 680 and 686 in two weeks time. Then, maybe the 685.
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
    Good luck! I hope you do well.
  • shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    Anyone know if there is a way to find your voucher number if you lost it? I signed up for 686 with a second shot voucher and failed it and want to take it again. I accidentally deleted the email and the prometric site doesn't show it when you log in and look at your test history.
    Call Prometric. I doubt they will help though. The official statement is "Check your email." on the website.
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    Ring Prometric and tell them you failed a recent exam that had a second shot assigned to it.
    Give them your prometric test number (you will find that on your booking form or exam result form).
    That should do.

They did not ask me for the second shot voucher number as it must have been on their system.