Options

Hard Core Study!!!!!!

technigaltechnigal Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have the objectives for the core and I thought going thru them line by line on each domain will help with my study. I also have Mike Meyers A+ videos from the 2001 objectives which is also helpful.

The following sites I also browse thru and have a look at are:

www.extremeoverclocking.com for troubleshooting and guides
www.techexams.net for study tips and everything else
www.mcmcse.com for study tips and everything else

and a new website I have come across is this:

http://www.learnthat.com/certification/ sussing it out atm

Not sure if anyone has seen or heard of "learnthat" site, so I thought I'd add it in for other ppl who are also studying and preparing for the core exam.

I have passed my OS which was easy even tho I just passed.

I aint sure if my studying is enough from reading and written material because I know it's the experience with troubleshooting and upgrading pcs is where it really counts. I have built and helped fix other ppls machines which is a buzz.

I have built my own machine (64-bit) and had problems with the ram/motherboard, so now that's sorted I don't know what else to go on as I am giving myself a months study before I sit core.

Other material I have access to is the Mike Meyers AIO A+ Bible, and Transcender exams.

Am I on the right track I know I am its just that there's so many options out there at the mo and I'm making the most of what I've got to get by with the Core exam.

Hope this helps for others and GL with your exams.

:D

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    technigal wrote:
    Am I on the right track I know I am its just that there's so many options out there at the mo and I'm making the most of what I've got to get by with the Core exam.

If you find it is helping you, then that is what counts. IMO, the preparation for an exam should be about review and not necessarily first-time learning the bulk of the material.

Some people feel the need to prepare more than others, and the Meyers book is a very good option. Many only use that book for review. So if the objectives make sense to you, then you are likely on the right track.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    :D

I want to pass the core, and from the message threads in this forum the main way to go is from the objectives obviously.

Upon reading other threads it's kinda scary what others have been thru but in saying that we all live and learn from each other.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I used the Myers AIO book for 2001 objectives, as well as a couple of the sites you listed. I do agree with Plantwiz though, if you're just starting out, take your time. There's no worse feeling than failure because you're unprepared. I did my regular studies, then when I felt ready, I looked at the objectives, to make sure I fully understood each one. If I didn't, I reviewed it in my books. I would recco upgrading to the 5th edition of Myers boom, which will cover the new objectives. The learnthat site is more of an extra reference than a true study guide IMO. But whatever works for you.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I understand what you mean. I studied OS for a month and a half only to have just passed which peed me off.

I do have access to the latest Mike Meyers AIO book, but this core sounz harder than OS so I will go off the objectives and treat that MM AIO like my bible lol.

My weakest part in computing is the networking side of things, so I will focus on that part too. My mind has been blank since I sat OS last week so time out is also on the agenda but I don't want to leave core too late to sit, and atm I'm just sorting out and going thru which study guides and resources are the best to go on.

Thanks for your comment, really appreciate it.
  • Options
    teenu0427teenu0427 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the help
    i passed the website but its helpful for future use.

egal