Options

Business card fonts

hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
I'm just full of questions and now it's to business cards. I got my design down and I'm happy with everything but the font, nothing really stands out so I'm just using Gill Sans MT until I find something better. What do you all use?

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I work for a big global company so we don't get to choose our business cards. It just shows up on my desk icon_smile.gif

But if I was still consulting, I definitely prefer san serif fonts so Gil Sans MT would be a nice choice. I also like these san serif fonts - Lucida Sans, Tahoma, and Verdana.

For serif fonts, I think I used Garamond in the past. I also like Palatino Linotype.

About 2 decades ago, I was an editor for a technology catalog so I spent a lot of time playing with different fonts - icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Comic Sans... Seriously though, I would go with Trebuchet MS. That said, I have never seen it on a card, so IDK how it would look.
  • Options
    It doesn't look bad but still lacks what I really want. Arimo looks good but at this point they all kinda start to look the same.
  • Options
    thegoodbyethegoodbye Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you choose anything out of this video, you should be fine icon_cool.gif - American Psycho -Business Card Scene - YouTube
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Usually when I design business cards its based upon the industry type which I am designing for. For the most part Arial, Tahoma, Century Gothic and maybe Segoe UI and pretty common place. DM if you would like.
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    I ended up going with the Gill Sans MT, after I hooked up my new printer last night it looked much nicer. Didn't realize just how bad my old printer had gotten.