Options

ICND1 done, On to ICND2, wrong directions too.

itgl72itgl72 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed ICND1 yesterday with a 950/1000. I used several books like the Wendall and Lammle books and also Cisco Packet Tracer, GNS3, and a few devices I have in a home lab. It started to come back to me after a long break from Cisco's network academy. I also studied with Boson. I will do the same with the ICND2 process. I practiced atleast 5-10 subnetting questions using IP Subnet Practice Page | Lammle.com or subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online a day to get that sharpness.

I left for the exam about 1 hour and 15 minutes before my 11:15 appointment. I printed directions, and hit the road. 25 minutes later, I was no where near the test center. I was in a residential neighborhood and not one familiar to me either. This is where you start to freak out a bit, so I look at my email on my iphone and see that at the bottom it says do not use mapquest the directions are wrong. Guess I overlooked it. So, here I am before the test with a timer already staring me in the face just needing to make the appointment. Long story short, I sniffed my way around, found the road I needed, and with two phone calls into the test center for direction once I got close, we made it with 20 minutes to spare before test time. I just sat in car for a bit and decompressed to go into test with a clear mind.

I felt good about most of what I saw on screen during the test, but when it was done I had 50 questions done and 26 minutes left on the clock.

On to work for ICND2...

Comments

• Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    congrats on the pass..icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    silverp1silverp1 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats man! That really sucks about the bad directions - extra stress is the last thing you need before taking the exam.
    Certs: CCENT, CCNA:R&S
    Working on: MCITP:SA
    Goals: CCENT (ICND1) [Done], CCNA (ICND2) [Done], MCITP:SA
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't taken a test at Pearson in years (I was able to take my tests at my College, which made things alot easier), but in contrast my experience with Prometric [for Microsoft tests] has been abysmal.

I signed up for a test at the nearest site to my house. When I showed up, the doors were locked and the building empty. The company had gone out of business. I called and was able to reschedule it, though with difficulty due the support guy's HEAVY Indian accent, which made it nearly impossible to understand half of what he said. I constantly had to have him repeat himself.

I picked the next nearest site. When I showed up there, it was an office building with only two or three Visitor's spaces [for the entire building,] which were all occupied. I almost didn't make the test on time (I would have parked in a reserved space and risked a ticket/towing if I'd had to, but fortunately somebody left just in time).

After that experience, I scheduled another test at a site with much better parking (I checked the location out ahead of time using Satellite View), but when I arrived they told me I'd have to reschedule and asked for my number to contact me "within a day or two." After they failed to contact me, I called Prometric who said that I'd been marked a "No Show" since the site had not entered a trouble ticket indicating that they were down at the time and that I'd have to pay again to reschedule the test. It took a return trip [in person] to the site to wrangle the needed ticket number to get my test rescheduled.

Apparently, the fourth time is the charm as the fourth site was good (still in business, plenty of parking, and not down), though I had a little difficulty finding it and it was a bit farther than I would have liked. I will take any future Prometric tests there [as long as they stay in business.]
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! Very good score icon_cheers.gif
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    abramsgunnerabramsgunner Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the test!

Directions.... Yeah, don't depend on GPS either... LOL One of my colleagues and I went to a conference in Birmingham a few years back. Turns out the hotel/conference center was too new to be on the GPS maps.. and I mean new.. as in it was a large patch of woods when the map was made. No dirt roads, goat trails, anything on the GPS, just a big grey zone. Getting there wasn't too difficult but when we left that evening, we followed the GPS out... about a dozen turns later, we were right back at the conference center where we started. The GPS was auto correcting us in circles. We finally had to just drive in one general direction till we were back on the populated area of the map and let it correct our course out of the city. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Congrats on the pass.
    The exact same thing happened to me for my N+. I missed a junction and my Sat-Nav said I was 3 hours away and I had to be their in about 30 mins icon_lol.gif
    Then when I got to the test centre the girl tried to log me on and couldn't and had to ring Pearson twice.
    I though it just wasn't my day. Fortunately I passedicon_cheers.gif
    Good score by the way icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, excellent score :)
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops