Options

Sitting 70-640 may 15th!! Nervous!!

hooky13hooky13 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys!

Finally scheduled my test got into the second shot program right at the last minute so I will have two tries if I need. Really nervous been an sys admin for the last three years and there is still plenty on this exam that I have never delt with. Some being AD/CS, audit policies, federation services. I have been labbing for the last month or so and been going through the Microsoft press book for this exam. Just trying to cover all my basis. From what I have heard and seen on here it looks to be a tough exam. And with the actual questions being scenarios I have to always read it a couple of times to really understand what is being asked. It seems they add a lot of fluff in there questions so you have to pick that out and understand what is really being asked. I'm hoping I have a little extra mojo on test day since I'm taking it on my 27th bday!! If anyone can offer any help or guidance I would greatly appreciate it, I love this community on here it truly feels like a family of people always willing to help each other out, pretty awesome! This will be my first ever Microsoft exam.

Thanks guys

-Hooky

Comments

• Options
    YrretYrret Banned Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey there, I managed to pass it back in Dec last year. I just remember getting half way through, and thinking "I am soo gonna fail", but I passed by the skin of my teeth. Federation Services is part of the lowest weighted section, IIRC. I scored really low in that section, but my DNS was perfect, so I guess it kind of balanced out?! And I also read the book twice, and really dislike MS putting stuff on an exam that's difficult to simulate in a lab, like FS and RMS. I did the Kaplan Practice test and did all the 200 Measure Up questions 2 or 3 times. The Kaplan test was painful, but it was so good because it prepared me for dumb questions (IMO unrealistic scenarios) that showed up on the real exam. If only I was as focused for the 70-642...

Edit: Oh yeah, and hope some of my 70-640 luck rubs off on you. :)
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck buddy. It will be a hell of a bday present if you pass.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck! It was a tough exam, but labbing makes it so much easier. Try and work through the RMS and FS labs. It takes some time, but seeing how it all works will help with the questions.
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    I failed my first attempt, and I really should schedule the next exam, I'm currently running through all the Chapter questions and labbing at the moment. As I go through the chapter questions, If I answer one of them Correct if its Incorrect or vise versa then I go right back and start reading the chapter. Currently I'm re-reading AD-CS, Just finished DNS again. If you fail, you get your results as to what you need to work on.

Getting through it. The only thing that has haunted me is the word "DNSLINT" I can't remember the question, nor the context in what it was used, but I saw it 2 or 3 times as a possible answer and it's all I can think of when I look at DNS. All i think is, Did I chose it or not.

Just know your terms well. PS is worth knowing to at least then point you can recognise the structure of the script, and if you saw a cmdlet you know what it was. As I mentioned before, know what things do like "DNSLINT" where would you use it, where would you use dsmod, or dsquery, dsadd, etc.

Good luck mate.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Thank you everyone
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    Good Luck .. Don't think about it. Go watch Ironman 3 and get some sleep
  • Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    Good luck bro! icon_thumright.gif Studying for the 70-686 and then on to this one. I have my exam schedule for next Monday and I have a free retake. icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Good luck man, sounds like you've done your studying.

Just take your time and read through the questions. As you said sometimes there is fluff in there.
  • Options
    Well just took it a few hours ago, and it was a BEAR!! Ended up with a 638, luckily I have the second shot for free will be taking it again May 31st. To be honest it was rushed, if i had to pick I would have been ready by the end of June, but because of the second shot program ending May 31st, i had to schedule at a certain point to hit the date for both exams. I am suprised I didnt pass though I really felt prepared but I know what I was lowest on and will lab it up for the next couple of weeks and go back at it then and PASS!! Thats the plan at least lol thanks for the support!
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    That's a common thing right now with MS exams. People know their stuff, go in and walk out amazed at how bad of a score they get. The only people i've heard get above 850 are people who cheated from what i've seen.

Concentrate on the area's you scored low on and lab lab lab. If you remember the questions you were unsure on then lab those as well.

Good luck man! Taking my second shot 5/30 for 70-642. I did the same as you, got around 630 thinking I passed.
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats pretty close score, Good luck studying your weak area but dont forget to show a little attention to even your good areas.

Sounds like a lot of us are all taking a 2nd shot around 30/31, good luck to both of you