Options

Web hosting

Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
what web hosting company do you folks choose/use?

i'm just curious because i'm looking for a company located in europe with good speed and recommendations.
CCNA R&S, MCSA.

Comments

• Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just FYI, there are entire forums dedicated to discussing web hosting providers, their relative quality and other features... When I was choosing mine, I found them extremely useful.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What for, personal blog, company site, media streaming?? Depending on which there are free solution working up to business grade that cost a small fortune.

Personal I use zen as my hosting provider, not the cheapest but great support and for a personal or small business the standard package offers plenty.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Since I worked in a hosting company I could not rent anything but a server and setup my own hosting setup. Linux for Web / FTP and Windows for Exchange .. More expensive, but worth every $$ I think ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    Honestly I just go with Godaddy, never had any problems. Which reminds me, I need to change my payment info since my card changed last month.
  • Options
    Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    thanks for the reply, i ended up choosing Godaddy. Mainly because i could choose between datacenters in usa and europe.
    i'm going to test it for a month now, so far it is good, great speed and support.
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.