Options

70 680 bizzare questions

parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
Hey All,

Looking to take my 70 680 again, failed miserably the first time, but in working with practice tests online, how the heck did I miss questions and answers like this?

What do you call an XML file that is required for customizing Windows RE?
  • WinREConfig.xml
  • Config.xml
  • Edit.xml
  • Path.xml
These are the types of questions that just destroy me in this exam..

Comments

• Options
    fabiogfabiog Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes they are tricky are they not ,I too am going for my first Microsoft exam and the exact same test and I believe that they try to trick and confuse you but they also want to make sure you know their stuff.
    So in this case we know that config.xml belongs to USMT ,path and edit don't have anything to do with it and as the name suggests WinReConfig should be correct.
    It makes us confused when we are doing the test because there is alot riding on this exam for most of us, no wonder this is such a hard test, to beat it we must not be good but great lol
    Good luck on your next try
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got one wrong that asked for the loopback address for ipv6.
    I said 127.0.0.1

Sigh...
    (practice test, still havent taken the actual exam yet)
  • Options
    DavidHoffmanJrDavidHoffmanJr Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ::1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    If it makes you feel any better, the question will likely not look like that if it were on the exam. I would think it will be closer to this:

What file is required for customizing Windows RE?
    • WinREConfig.xml
    • Config.txt
    • Edit.conf
    • Path.ini
    • WinRE.cfg
    On a side note, I hold the 70-680 and I do not know the answer to this question. If I were to guess, I would pick config.xml but I have no idea and doubt I would ever be in a situation where I needed the file but didn't have the ability to research the technology.
  • Options
    If it makes you feel any better, the question will likely not look like that if it were on the exam. I would think it will be closer to this:

What file is required for customizing Windows RE?
    • WinREConfig.xml
    • Config.txt
    • Edit.conf
    • Path.ini
    • WinRE.cfg
    On a side note, I hold the 70-680 and I do not know the answer to this question. If I were to guess, I would pick config.xml but I have no idea and doubt I would ever be in a situation where I needed the file but didn't have the ability to research the technology.

While its conforting to know you have the 70-680 and don't know the answer, the problem is this could be on my exam and I don't know how / where to find the answer...very annoying..I need this exam under my belt to have a chance at some of the IT positions I am applying for..but sooo difficult..and getting expensive...
  • Options
    Professor Messer helped me out a lot. They are kinda dry, but he goes through a lot of the stuff in theory and in lab. Plus it is free. If you have money to blow, I also bought the CBT Nuggets stuff. I am currently using them for my 685 as well.

If you go to youtube and search for 70-680 there are some good sources there as well. Good luck, let us know if we can help.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    While its conforting to know you have the 70-680 and don't know the answer, the problem is this could be on my exam and I don't know how / where to find the answer...very annoying..I need this exam under my belt to have a chance at some of the IT positions I am applying for..but sooo difficult..and getting expensive...

I believe the answer is WinREConfig.xml. I'll admit I had to look it up as I knew it was either WinREConfig.xml or WinRE.cfg.

Technet is your friend for these types of questions. Whenever you run across one, I'd stop and look up all the answers and take some notes on them. Microsoft like to have scenarios where one answer will work for a specific question, but not for a similar question.

Customizing the Windows RE Experience
  • Options
    Professor Messer helped me out a lot. They are kinda dry, but he goes through a lot of the stuff in theory and in lab. Plus it is free. If you have money to blow, I also bought the CBT Nuggets stuff. I am currently using them for my 685 as well.

If you go to youtube and search for 70-680 there are some good sources there as well. Good luck, let us know if we can help.

Ya, I went through his videos the last time I took the exam, along with the Poulton book and the Sybex book. I think I got a 455 on the exam..I remember thinking at the time how the questions I was facing were nothing like what I had practiced in any of the books...very frustrating...
  • Options
    I went through that as well. Same videos and the Sybex as well. Failed twice before I finally got this one down. Now that I have it I am working towards the 685. You can get there, it just takes time and memorization. It is a tough one.
  • Options
    Any tips for what you missed on the second round? I'm going for my second attempt on July 1st
  • Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    As a person who holds a MCSA in Windows 8, I wonder about Windows 7 ... I might take it to see the difference.