Options

Cisco prime,

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Does any one use prime for wireless management, and if so do you have any good resources for examples?
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I used a trial version of the latest incarnation. Once I hooked it up to the wireless controller, it found everything pretty quickly. Throwing in the office layouts maps took a few minutes.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have it for wired but looking to deply wireless with it over few big buildings, before always used controller based tool for configuration. Intergrating in to prime will be some wism2's and fe other stand along controllers as well as about 300 ap's. the maps I think will be fun :)

Also forescout NAC vs cisco ISE? If any one has experince of these I would be keen to hear.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    We have just had Prime installed. Going from WLC to WCS and then to Prime I find it very frustrating to use as everything is configured from templates which we don't have as we started out with just a WLC, so a simple task becomes hugely time consuming. The maps are fairly useful.

If you're going to use NAC for wireless, you should look at ISE. Has many useful features for BYOD. I however don't have any hands on experience with it.
  • Options
    GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    Cisco has created Quick Start VoD Series for Prime Infrastructure.
    Go to Cisco - YouTube and then select TECHNOLOGY > CISCO PRIME
  • Options
    GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    Regarding ForeScout vs. Cisco for NAC, it depends on your organization's infrastructure. Is your organization purely Cisco based or not, how diverse is your organization's infrastructure in terms of network devices, there are so many things to look for....
    My best advice is evaluate both of them as proof of concept. That way you can see how it will function in your organization.

This article gives you ForeScout vs. Cisco coparison:
    Network Access Control | ForeScout Technologies | ForeScout