Options

ACCIS Online Degree any good ?

essexnickessexnick Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm an English guy living in California. I'm currently working and have decided to do a BS Degree in MIS. ACCIS looks like a good Uni to go with ?

I may have alot of work experience(7 years) and Certs to transfer already.

It's $225.00 per unit, is that too much or a good price ? It takes 123 to obtain a BS.

Is ACCIS a good Uni overall ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    OK, this is in response to an old post, but. . .

While opinions on "online" degrees vary here, check closely for this one thing before looking at any other facet of a given school:

Are they regionally accredited?? If not, your chances of going into a post-graduate program or transferring credits are diminished. Large employers who check degrees tend to prefer schools with regional accreditation.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    oldbarneyoldbarney Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you talking about the American College of Computer and Information Science otherwise known as American Sentinel University? While ACCIS appears to be DETC accredited, the school may not hold regional accreditation, which is considered in US academic circles as the gold standard for reasons of transferability and acceptance. I believe California falls under the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

I personally believe $225 per unit for lower-level (first two years), undergraduate tuition is outrageous. You may want to check out community or junior colleges for completing the first two years of study then transfer to a four-year university.
  • Options
    jhcarrelljhcarrell Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    oldbarney wrote:
    While ACCIS appears to be DETC accredited, the school may not hold regional accreditation

Sorry to dig up a relic, but I got this from ASU admissions advisor Gina Delgado when I asked about accreditation ....

"We are nationally accredited by the DETC. We are seeking regional accredidation at this time."
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't do anything with them until they obtained regional accrediation. Any school without the reginal accredition makes me suspicous that they may be a paper mill.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete