Options

70-647 : It all ends!

MAY-06-2013
10:30 am

I walked into the Prometric Testing Center feeling pretty confident about this test. This feeling of confidence was backed up by the fact that i have NEVER failed any of my previous Microsoft Exams (or any exams for that matter), and there have been quiet a bucket full of 'em in the past. So yeah, this feeling of 'invincibility' grew up on me. Everything goes as usual. The registration, the NDA, the IDs and the seat allocation. The instructor then gets everything setup, and a couple a clicks later i am looking at Microsoft's Survey. Bullishly i get the survey out of my way, didn't like em. Never have. And then - BEGIN TEST.

This thing pops-up on my screen and it immediately hits me! I feel something is wrong, terribly wrong. I have NEVER seen this before. "What am i looking at?". It takes me 2 minutes to find out where to look for the 'question', let alone the answers. This massive pile of questions, this 'Jeffrey Archer Novel' thing on my screen, apparently called 'testlets', just sat there, mocking me. And then i get one out of my way, somehow, not very happy with the answers, and then the normal bunch of questions come up. Couple of hours later, the testlets were back! One thing i never paid attention to is the Exam is 4 Hours Long! And it had a good reason! I just didn't know it.

A hop, skip and a boat ride away awaits my results. FAILED! 616/1000. I couldn't accept it. I never felt so demotivated! I just walked straight out and went into work.

For some reason - I had registered for a Second Shot! I have only done it in the past when i sat for 70-270. My first MS Exam (MCP). Turns out - i didn't need it then. I don't know why I did it only this time, but i was grateful that i did.

MAY-14-2013
11:00 am

I'll cut the story short. 760/1000. PASSED! Again the same wave of testlets, and neither one repeated from the earlier exam as i recalled. This test is the most difficult i have ever faced - not Technically! The patience it requires with all these pile of information put in-front of you is just annoying to begin with. Ask me a question, give me my options, and get it over with! But NO! Turns out, this one will take more out of your patience and energy than anything else.

MCITP - EA Complete. I will NEVER forget this exam!

I want to branch out to MCSE 2012: Private Cloud. BUT FIRST! - CITRIX!

MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3

Comments

• Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Congrats man! Glad you passed it. I've heard some gory things about a few of those exams in the MCITP.

What did you use for study material?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    Thanks Guys !

Lexluethar - I predominantly used Technet with the MS Exam Objectives. I have a home-lab but couldn't simulate everything, but most of it worked to my satisfaction: ex- RDS, ADDS Trust Relationships, ADMT etc. I didnt use MSPress or any published books for that matter.
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome job, congrats dude!
  • Options
    BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Congrats! I had a similar experience with the 646.
  • Options
    kingrobkingrob Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good work!

Way to hang in there!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats! Glad you passed! Good luck, and have fun, with Citrix :)
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    Thank you guys !

icon_smile.gif