Options

Any network/storage engineers in the DC Metro Area looking for work?

jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
My company is hiring. Datacenter/managed service provider. I've been here since January 1, and I absolutely love this place.

We're looking for an experienced network engineer, familiar with the latest Cisco & Juniper technologies, and preferably with prior colo/managed hosting experience.

For the storage engineer position, we need someone with a deep background in storage, as in knows the ins and outs of the FC protocol. If you don't know what arbitrated loop is, this position is not for you. Should be familiar with block level & file based storage, storage replication, backup & DR, zoning, etc.

If anyone is interested in either of these positions, please shoot me a PM.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    If I had a bit more networking experience I would be all over this. I'm really looking to get out of the whole contracting for the Federal government thing and would love to find an awesome company to park at and grow.
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    OP, does your company need an infosec guy?
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    jmritenour wrote: »
    My company is hiring. Datacenter/managed service provider. I've been here since January 1, and I absolutely love this place.

We're looking for an experienced network engineer, familiar with the latest Cisco & Juniper technologies, and preferably with prior colo/managed hosting experience.

For the storage engineer position, we need someone with a deep background in storage, as in knows the ins and outs of the FC protocol. If you don't know what arbitrated loop is, this position is not for you. Should be familiar with block level & file based storage, storage replication, backup & DR, zoning, etc.

If anyone is interested in either of these positions, please shoot me a PM.

Doesn't everyone use a switched fabric nowadays?
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Good luck OP. Hopefully someone on this board can benefit from your inquiry.
  • Options
    tycoonbobtycoonbob Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□

FC-ALs were popular pre-2008, because they were cheaper than buying switches for Server-to-Storage scenarios. FC-ALs are primarily only used anymore within storage systems.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I was a little snarky, but also genuine, I am new to FC networking and I have only ever known switched fabrics.
  • Options
    OP, does your company need an infosec guy?

Not at the moment, but we'll probably be adding dedicated infosec positions sometime this year.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    Indeed, but that's more of a baseline of knowledge of the FC protocol we're looking for. We gets lots of people who can talk RAID levels and block vs file storage till they're blue in the face, but go deer in a headlight when you start talking about the inner workings of FC.