Options

Interview Tommorow for Help Desk

ArabianKnightArabianKnight Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I have this interview for a position I had applied to through Monster and want some advice on the dress code level for this type of position.

The company is "headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA, is a publicly traded company that provides technology and document-related services to businesses of all types, with an emphasis on the non-residential segment of the architecture, engineering and construction ("AEC") industry."

The job is in Cleveland and I am seeing the technology director as well as the recruiter. So do I need to go all out suit and tie or an I get away without the jacket, just the tie, or no tie at all?

I am a firm believer in dressing for the type of position, ie would you go suit and tie for a janitorial job?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Go suit and tie. Always especially if its an Entry Level position. You want to show more than your limited skills.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Dress for success good luck!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Just got back from the interview. It went well, they asked a bunch of technical questions and I got most of it right. They went back and forth asking general questions from the IT director and questions from the HR lady, very thorough.

I feel good about it and will find out on Friday.

I actually have a phone interview with another company tomorrow morning as well.
  • Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    The most important thing about IT support isn't technical knowledge. Remember to emphasize customer service. It really is #1.
  • Options
    jdeckjdeck Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Polynomial wrote: »
    The most important thing about IT support isn't technical knowledge. Remember to emphasize customer service. It really is #1.

Truth! If you have both skills, you're way ahead of the game. Good luck with the job.
  • Options
    So one of the questions was..."would you consider yourself a lucky person" that threw me off a bit. I answered yes and went on to say that I was healthy and my family was healthy and after I got home I always think of a much better answer for it and some of the other questions.

Anyone else ever asked this question, and how did you respond?
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So one of the questions was..."would you consider yourself a lucky person" that threw me off a bit. I answered yes and went on to say that I was healthy and my family was healthy and after I got home I always think of a much better answer for it and some of the other questions.

Anyone else ever asked this question, and how did you respond?
    I would have joked about how lucky you are to be in the interview or something like that.
    I hate those random questions...

Hope you get the job good luck