Options

Packet Tracer: RIPv1 problem

workfrom925workfrom925 Member Posts: 196
I read my RIP version 1 chapter and I almost completed the packet tracer lab for the chapter. The only problem is Region 1 (10.1.0.0/16) and Region 2 (172.20.0.0/16) still can't ping each other. I just can't figure it out. Can you guys take a look? Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyvi3swpll4uknk/pka-50%20lab%205.7.1%20final.pka

Comments

• Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I looked at this, there are some missing or errors in the IP addresses on the routers. In the Activity Window, click "Check Results", then click "Assessment Items". It will show you what you're missing or incorrect.

hth
  • Options
    workfrom925workfrom925 Member Posts: 196
    I was aware of that. I think the excise wants me to use /30 subnets for all serial links. I use /23 subnets. That should not interfere with the network traffic. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    Oh, ok. I was looking at the PDF for this lab. It doesn't explain very well what to use as far as IP addresses. And being an Activity, it's sometimes hard to figure what actual addresses to use where. You may be right on the serial links for a /30. This one is almost like trying to solve a puzzle. I will work with it and see if I can figure something out.

hth
  • Options
    I got it. See the configs in the pdf.