Options

Online Masters Degree in Computer Science from Georgia Tech and Udacity

2»

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @tprice Why do you feel that a Master's degree from WGU will not suffice for teaching at the university level?
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    As a computer science student, I had the opportunity to witness a small piece of the interview process for potential professors who held PhDs. They had to present their research topic and give lectures and such. It looked grueling. Considering multiple people were brought in this way told me their was a bit of competition.
    We've,at length, discussed the online vs b&m debate. It is well known that purely online institutions are stigmatized by some. I am not saying it's okay, but it happens. I think if anyone is going to be prone to possess that bias, it is going to be a b&m institution, much like the one you will be trying to be hired at. Now this may not be applicable to adjunct professors (which is what I would be) and apply only to potential associate professors. Also my assessment didn't take into account being an online professor so, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

I guess I didn't put that much thought into the statement. No harm intended.

EDIT: Grammar
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Applied.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    tigerwolf80tigerwolf80 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just to check. anybody applied for this with WGU I.T degree?