Options

70-686 Failes first attempt

Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been studying for the 686. Man! I went into the exam confident. Came out a wreck.
I got a 233. I am so frustrated. Time to hit the book again. I can't believe i got a 233. I think my mind just froze.
[ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
[*
] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
/B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
/SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh my. How long did you study for the exam?
    Good luck next time.
  • Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    Wow you have me nervous. I have my exam next Monday. I have a free retake. What knowledge did you feel like you were lacking? Good luck next time! icon_study.gif Also you may want to take the 680 first because I felt like it was almost a stepping stone for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EasyMac308EasyMac308 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    686 was the first and only MS exam I've ever failed, but that score had to hurt. I'm also curious where you felt you choked.
    Currently Reading: A cereal box
    BS:IT student at WGU - 81/120 CU done as of 6/2016
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sat it for a second time last Monday after a good month of studying. I failed again with a 590. I think I'm going to heard down a different path with the 70-685.
  • Options
    sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    I've recently passed 686, so feel free to ask any questions. I will answer as best I can without violating NDA.
  • Options
    @sucanushie I sent you a private message. If you have any other advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I have been studying for several months. I am also taking classes in Server 2008 and 2012, at a technical school. Along with studying for the MCSA I have been taking 'breaks' and studying for Security+ and Server+. I have a lot on my plate. We did have a class on 70-680, but that was in October 2012. I have only begin to get certified January 2013. A group of us started off with the MTAs and then to CompTIA.

I think the exam questions are structured differently than compared to Comptia. Thats with through me off.
    [*
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

• Options
    Client deployment and Image manipulation. Those were the two categories I did poor in.
    [*

• Options
    sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Did you write the 686 before the 680?
  • Options
    I failed the 686 today with a 592 after studying for two weeks. I have a free retake and will use it before the 31st @Macpro76 I actually did the best in the two sections you did poorly in Designing a standard image and Designing a Windows 7 Client deployment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]