Options

Failed ICND2

Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everybody,
I just failed ICND2. Because of time. Im fairly sure the few questions I answered I got correct. However only 4 questions took up nearly 30 minutes. I probably had to do blind guesses on as much as half of the test. So the official feedback will be useless.

Is it true I have to wait 6 months before I can take it again?

What can i do to get faster? Im at a loss for that.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Sorry to hear that icon_sad.gif I thought it was 5 days between test attempts?
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Sorry abt the exam Node Man... Can you tell us how were the questions? was it really hard? I am planning to write ICND2 in June end...
    Thanks in advance
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    FLEOHBFLEOHB Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OP: As I understand wait times to retest:
    5 days if you do not pass
    6 months if you pass
    Hope this helps
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    You can always try again, and this time you'll know where to work on.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Try again next week. As stated above, 6 months is if you pass.

What were the ones that held you up? Simulators?
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Node Man wrote: »
    I just failed ICND2. Because of time. Im fairly sure the few questions I answered I got correct. However only 4 questions took up nearly 30 minutes.
    In other words, you failed because you don't know the material very well. ;)
    Is it true I have to wait 6 months before I can take it again?
    The wait is a week not six months.
    What can i do to get faster? Im at a loss for that.
    If the questions you were slow on were subnetting questions, practice until you can solve basic subnetting in seconds like most network engineers. You shouldn't have to "think" or "work out" that /24 = 255.255.255.0, same for /8 and /16. The time to click on the right answer when you're sure of it is typically measured in seconds.

If the questions you were slow on were sim questions, practice until you can do basic configuration without lots of "thinking" or "help commands" like most network engineers. If given a prompt and asked to bring-up an interface with , your fingers should be walking: "enab; conf t; int fa0/0; ip add 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0; no shut"

Know the material well and speed will follow.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    NetworkVeteren pretty much said it. Good luck next time and don't feel down - it happens to everyone!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.