Options

70-640 / Federation Services Question

EasyMac308EasyMac308 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Two questions about FS:

1. How heavily is FS covered in the exam (anecdotally)?
2. Is FS 1.1 or FS 2.0 the version that's covered in the exam?

Thanks for your insight.
Currently Reading: A cereal box
BS:IT student at WGU - 81/120 CU done as of 6/2016

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. You could get 2 questions or 10 questions. it varies
    2. You should know the differences between FS 1 and FS 2 and be comfortable with FS 2
  • Options
    DustyRackDustyRack Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I attempted this exam this was/is one of my weaker areas so luck would have it that I must of had 5+ questions on this or it felt like that. I did go on to fail that exam still havnt brought myself to try again.
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FS was a decent part of both of my exams, Same goes for CS, and LDS. I beefed up on AD DS, DNS, and all the other stuff and squeaked by with a pass.
  • Options
    EasyMac308EasyMac308 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good to know... my eyes glaze over every time I try to read the material, so I'll have to look around for some other resources. Thanks.
    Currently Reading: A cereal box
    BS:IT student at WGU - 81/120 CU done as of 6/2016
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is a pretty decent lab on Technet, its very similar to the one in the ms press book. I was never able to get the one in the book to "work", but the one on technet did "work".

I believe this is it:
    How to Set Up the AD FS 2.0 VM Lab Environment for Federated Collaboration
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Since Microsoft likes to test on the latest technology, I'd set up a lab with FS 2.0, but be sure to understand the differences between 1.0 and 2.0. I had a few questions on FS, when I took my exam.

the lab in the MS press book for FS is pretty good. I went through it 2x and that was enough to get the general idea. I'd do the same with RMS, too.