Options

Got the JOB OFFER!!! Just waiting around...

eLseLs Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey ladies and gents I got called today and was offered the NOC position. They even raised my desired salary a smudge considering the stressful shift and travel.

Now just waiting on papers and when is start date. The interviewer also said will be calling the references and but know its okay.

Already the reference I put last was the one called and he was at work. He called me saying they left a voice mail. He called back and nobody picked up.

I know Im overthinking things but should something pop up that end my celebration at this stage??? Its been too long since I joined this forum that I have been looking for REAL IT work and company that feels like something might happen.

Anyways the job will be stressful and got to be on my toes but I'm excited.

Now here comes the dilemma I got offered an summer internship that pays pretty good for an internship but not as good as the full time permanent job. Obviously Im taking the full time gig. Now I dont know when the position start but the internship starts Monday last short notice.

How wrong would it be for me to go in work for the internship while waiting for the start date and then when I find out tell them and ill stay as long as until you find someone to join the team or i start my full time job???

I need money asap and still worry anything can happen.

What should i do???
Bachelor of Science: Computer Information Systems
2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Until you have a solid start date nothing is 100%. Start the internship and work there until you get the solid on the other job. Then put in your two weeks. I'm sure they will understand that you would take a full time job over an internship. It's only busines, nothing personal.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally, I'd take the internship until the other job is set in stone. I'd also probably not tell the full time employer or the internship about one another.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    eLseLs Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Update I received the job offer and signed and start next week for NOC tech job.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Information Systems
    2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done. Always stressful to wait for all the papers. I see myself always worrying about references and background checks. I have nothing to worry about, but it is stressful nonetheless. I always picture the worst case scenario - people being stupid in doing their job / picking up the phone / ignore emails and calls etc. ... just hate that jobs depends on things like that :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations on the new job!!!