Options

Need Suggestion|MCITP is going to Expire or Retire in july 2013?

thiyagu1983thiyagu1983 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am Doing MCITP(Training) after this going to appear in exam but Microsoft announce that MCITP SA/EA going to Expire or Retire in July 2013 ,Now I am confused should i continue my MCITP training towards exam or Wait for Window Server 2012 Certification.

What is Difference in between Expire and Retire,what will be going to happen with this Certification after 2013?

Will this Worth if i Certify or will my certification going to waste garbage after July 2013?

Upgrade Path is Available?

To upgrade from an MCITP: Enterprise Administrator 2008 certification or an MCITP: Server Administrator 2008 certification to the MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification, candidates must pass Exams 70-417, 70-413, and 70-414.
To upgrade from an MCITP: Enterprise Administrator 2008 certification or an MCITP: Server Administrator 2008 certification to the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification, candidates must pass Exams 70-417, 70-415, and 70-416.

Means 3 Exam Needed for Upgradation,while 3 exam needed to pass MCITP: Server Administrator 2008 then How many Exam Needed to pass if we Follow Direct Certification MCSE: Server Infrastructure?

Reg,
ET

Comments

• Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    The MCTS and the MCTIP will be retired on Jan 2014 but they will still be on your transcripts. The MCSA will be the only cert offered. Which takes either the 680 and 685 or 680 and 686. MCSA: Windows 7 Certification | Microsoft Learning icon_study.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would continue with the MCITP:SA 2008 at least, because the same exams qualify you for MCSA 2008, which is not going to retire in July. From there, you only take one exam to upgrade to MCSA 2012, the 417 test.

Going forward, the new MCSA and MCSE do expire, meaning you have to re-certify every three years.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    I believe the two exams that are required for the MCITP: EA are expiring this july
    TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-647#fbid=OrYBM3Gk-u7

Both the 643 and 647 are expiring July 31st. So don't go towards the EA certification unless you can pass both in a few months. The MCITP: SA is still valid and will only be changing in name along. The three exams requires 70-640, 642 and 646 are still good for a year or two. If you pass all three after July 31st your title will be MCSA, if you pass those prior to July 31st you get both MCSA and MCITP: SA