Options

2nd interview for 1st line support

QuietOneQuietOne Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

last Tuesday I had a telephone interview for a 1st line support role which consisted of technical questions like;

"What's the difference between LAN and WAN?
"What is SLA?"
"What kind of network are you running at home?" ???

and a lot of others I can't remember. I thought I did badly as nerves took over but yesterday I receive an email from the guy who conducted the telephone interview asking me to go for a second interview next week face to face. I was really surprised as I thought I blew it, so what can I expect in the second interview?

Over the next few days I am going to do a lot of research on their site and write a list of questions, it shows that I am using my time and effort to find out more about the company.

This will be my first IT related job and I am nervous about the interview.

Comments

• Options
    sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    Go ace it... I'm sure you'll do fine.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • Options
    QuietOneQuietOne Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks sieff, I am just nervous of what the second interview will be like.
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    Without knowing what company/job position the interview is for... I'd say:

Look at your resume.

The reason you got a phone interview in the first place is because your resume looked good for the job.

Since you passed your phone interview, it could be said that they are satisfied with how your knowledge correlates to their expectation (from resume)

Thus... (i'm going to take a wild guess here =p ) I'm guessing that the face-to-face interview will be about finding out your personality and work ethics. Whether you have similar values as the company and whether you can work well with the team.

If i were you, I'd research the company/job position, prepare for interview questions about personality/learning/work ethics, and also prepare for technical questions as well. Basically, whatever is on your resume you should be comfortable and familiar enough to talk about it.

=D good luck!
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    QuietOne wrote:
    Over the next few days I am going to do a lot of research on their site and write a list of questions, it shows that I am using my time and effort to find out more about the company.
    It sounds like you have the right idea here. I would just add to it to try & relax & remember to dress well & be early.

Great luck!
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck on your interview. Its always a great milestone to get that first job. For a first line support job, sometimes interviewers may not necessarily expect correct answers but how you would respond to the questions. While its important to sound confident, don't make stuff up. Just be honest and then explain how you would go about finding the information and learning about it.