Options

Updated CV after last critique.

dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
Hi I have tried to implement the changes everybody who viewed my last C.V kindly suggested.
It has a couple of fragmented sentences but I am told that isn't too important. But if anybody can advise ways of writing therm so that they are not fragmented I would appreciate it.
Anyway have a look and tell me what you all think.
Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]

Comments

• Options
    TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    I don't like the job 1, 2, 3, 4 thing.
    " IT professional with more than eight years" change it to over eight years.
    "networking technology." change to network technology
    "Also an eager and fast learner and always looking to improve myself professionally through certification and keeping my knowledge update [up to date] with the latest technology. Looking for a progressive organization [organisation] to continue building on my current skillset [skill set]" is terrible wording. In fact, I don't like that whole section. It should really be in the covering letter to start with. P.s. we speak British English, make sure you spell it the correct way (Organisation).

Try this: As a proactive individual with over eight years experience in IT supporting PC hardware, Windows Operating Systems and Network technologies; I'm looking for an organisation where I can build upon my current experience and advance my knowledge through certification.

Windows NT. Really? I think I'd just say Windows XP, Windows 7. (with a space.)
    No server 2003 experience?
    comma after WLAN

Isn't IT essentials just the training course for CompTIA A+?
    Make at least passing reference to GCSEs and A levels.

"All equipment must work first time upon installation." I'd expect nothing less than that. Remove it.

I'd question why you chose to use Norton Ghost instead of Windows Deployment Services.
  • Options
    Hi thanks for the advice icon_thumright.gif
    I will implement your changes and upload it again.
    As for ghost my employer didn't want to invest in a copy of server 2008 for us to set up WDSicon_sad.gif
  • Options
    SpatulatorSpatulator Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "I am an enthusiastic, hands-on IT professional with more than eight years of experience in IT support. I have a good working knowledge of PC hardware, Windows operating systems and networking technology. Also an eager and fast learner and always looking to improve myself professionally through certification and keeping my knowledge update with the latest technology. Looking for a progressive organization to continue building on my current skillset."

Try not to use the word "I" many hiring managers consider it to be unprofessional. Also remove any words that aren't necessary.
    More like...
    An enthusiastic IT professional with more than eight years of experience in IT support. Good working knowledge of PC hardware, Windows operating systems and networking technology. Eager and fast learner, always looking to improve myself professionally through certification and keeping my knowledge update with the latest technology. Looking for a progressive organization to continue building on my current skillset
  • Options
    Spatulator wrote: »
    "I am an enthusiastic, hands-on IT professional with more than eight years of experience in IT support. I have a good working knowledge of PC hardware, Windows operating systems and networking technology. Also an eager and fast learner and always looking to improve myself professionally through certification and keeping my knowledge update with the latest technology. Looking for a progressive organization to continue building on my current skillset."

Try not to use the word "I" many hiring managers consider it to be unprofessional. Also remove any words that aren't necessary.
    More like...
    An enthusiastic IT professional with more than eight years of experience in IT support. Good working knowledge of PC hardware, Windows operating systems and networking technology. Eager and fast learner, always looking to improve myself professionally through certification and keeping my knowledge update with the latest technology. Looking for a progressive organization to continue building on my current skillset
    Good advice. I meant to edit out the "I" statements but got carried away with the job descriptions
  • Options
    Updated with some suggestions from above.
    The "Job1" etc is not on my proper CV I used it as I edited out the names of the companies I have worked foricon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Nobody?
  • Options
    Bump!!!!
  • Options
    Anybody? I'm going to assume its rubbish icon_sad.gif