Options

Next step after 70-640?

beembeem Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Very relieved to have passed my 70-640 on Saturday afternoon, and after the feeling of euphoria I'm back to punishing myself by deciding on my next step.

My main concern is that I spent the best part of 6 months reading and labbing and still found this to be a surprisingly hard exam. I was planning to move on to the 70-642, or perhaps 646 but these look even harder!

I'm wondering if it might be worth taking a step back from MS exams and doing my first Citrix or VCP qualification? I feel mentally exhausted after the 70-640.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It might be a better step to keep going and do the 70-642 since you've got the flow going. If you were to do anything else, it may take longer than 6 months to get the 642 out of the way. I guess a better question is, what do you work on and what do you want to work on? I'd also suggest you take a break of a week or two and then dive right into preparing for the 642.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Agreed, take a mental break for a few weeks.

If you want to continue pursuing the MCSA role the next step is 70-642, which is what i would suggest doing.
  • Options
    beembeem Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks both. I think I'll take your advice and dive into the 70-642 after a couple of weeks break. On second glance it looks like there is quite a lot less material to cover, which will be a welcome relief, even if it is more difficult.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    It might be a better step to keep going and do the 70-642 since you've got the flow going. If you were to do anything else, it may take longer than 6 months to get the 642 out of the way. I guess a better question is, what do you work on and what do you want to work on? I'd also suggest you take a break of a week or two and then dive right into preparing for the 642.
    6 months?
    Yikes!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I only said 6 months because the OP took about the same time for the 640. Personally, the 642 took me exactly one month but I had a about 3 years of system admin experience when I took it.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com