XBOX One

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anyone watching this?
Sounds pretty amazing.

Xbox, A New Generation Revealed - Xbox.com

Comments

• Options
    hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    I just want it for the Kinect TV integration.
  • Options
    XBox with Blu-ray is gonna be a Playstation killer.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MrAgent wrote: »

Not quite...it's what inside the blu-ray is what matters

I checked it out...didn't show much. The console looks massive and the Kinect looks bigger too... I am expecting much more at E3 this year
  • Options
    yoshiiakiyoshiiaki Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MrAgent wrote: »

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought sony essentially owned the rights (or atleast enough of them) to be able to say that Microsoft does not get to use blu-ray in their xbox. Which if that is true, I don't expect to see xbox getting bluray anytime soon because i know a number of people who buy ps3 merely for the "2-in-1" and but really play the 360 more frequently. They even occasionally purchase ps3 games to justify buying the machine instead of just a cheap blu-ray player.

What I worry about is the future. With the 360 optical discs being incompatible with the One, it worries me that the next-next-gen (the two) shall not read One discs, or eliminate optical discs all together. In which case, I would want to be purchasing digital discs so then they can atleast migrate to the Two. But if they then deny all live content as they currently are...then even digital purchases are lost. So either way, we get screwed.
    2013 Goals: [x] Sec+ [x] CCNA []Proj+ []OSCP
    2013 Stretch Goals: [] CCNA-Sec []Land Sec job
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm quite impressed with the tech and I'm looking forward to seeing the games at E3. I will definitely be buying it alongside the PS4 :)

Some of the Kinect improvements are cool and the entertainment options being expanded is a cool plus. Call of Duty: Ghosts is looking pretty cool and I'll be checking that game out.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I find the operating system architecture behind the system fascinating. To think that the game itself will have it's own dedicated OS is quite neat.
  • Options
    NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No time for gaming when there are certs to geticon_twisted.gif
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Options
    traceyketraceyke Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Xbox One looks AMAZING and I will buy it, but Sony "technically" hasn't revealed everything yet. We know about the PS4's controller, but we have not seen the CONSOLE yet.....and we prolly won't see it until E3. This could be Sony's trump card against Microsoft.
  • Options
    yoshiiaki wrote: »
    Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought sony essentially owned the rights (or atleast enough of them) to be able to say that Microsoft does not get to use blu-ray in their xbox. Which if that is true, I don't expect to see xbox getting bluray anytime soon because i know a number of people who buy ps3 merely for the "2-in-1" and but really play the 360 more frequently. They even occasionally purchase ps3 games to justify buying the machine instead of just a cheap blu-ray player.

What I worry about is the future. With the 360 optical discs being incompatible with the One, it worries me that the next-next-gen (the two) shall not read One discs, or eliminate optical discs all together. In which case, I would want to be purchasing digital discs so then they can atleast migrate to the Two. But if they then deny all live content as they currently are...then even digital purchases are lost. So either way, we get screwed.

Its already been announced, and the Xbox One does have Bluray.
    Xbox One | What It Is - Xbox.com
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yoshiiaki wrote: »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association

Console looks great to me. I will buy it day One.
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've got a PS3 and rarely use it for anything other than Netflix/Amazon Instant and streaming stuff off my PC using PS3 Media Server. I'll play the occasional big game that gets released, but I find myself playing more games that I can get in and out of quickly than ones that require a lot of commitment (like RPG's). The Xbox One looks pretty good from the TV entertainment standpoint, though I'm wondering how much of that is going to require a Xbox Live account. Sony's big thing is that their online stuff has no additional fee. They're showing off the PS4 on June 10th, so I'll check that out and see if I'm upgrading or sticking with my fat PS3. :p
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Wow kinda ugly looking thing but overall a nice upgrade, I'll buy one way later down the road
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    the entire no used games and must be online all the time is a huge turn off for me

they compare almost the same on hardware
    Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4 | Reviews - Games and Gear - CNET Reviews
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    the entire no used games and must be online all the time is a huge turn off for me

they compare almost the same on hardware
    Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4 | Reviews - Games and Gear - CNET Reviews
    Some features may require you to be online, but the console does not have to be online all the time.
    Second hand games will work but they confirmed some sort of fee. Similar to the Online Passes that EA and many devs require. But they havent given any details about it.

Overall looks like a major improvement and Im excited for the new generation consoles.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Let me be clear, I've always been an Xbox guy. Will not buy this console. I cannot support the online requirements, or the used game restrictions. Just not interested, I'll play my 360 for the next 10 years.
  • Options
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Let me be clear, I've always been an Xbox guy. Will not buy this console. I cannot support the online requirements, or the used game restrictions. Just not interested, I'll play my 360 for the next 10 years.
    It wont require you to be online.
    The second hand game seems to following PC games, but at a cheaper price.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Its happening, they just haven't confimed how long and how often you will have to be connected. "Microsoft said earlier today that Xbox One would not require an always on internet connection. The statement is echoed on Microsoft's Q&A page, which says that the Xbox One does require a connection, but does not always have to be connected."

The fact that MS is still moving forward with this even with the negative customer feedback in this department indicates that I don't want to support the company in this department. I did the same with Wizards of the Coast after the MTG card style remake. Haven't bought a card since, refuse to play. Then of course there is personal experience. I have a shelf full of xbox 360 titles. I play 1 online. (BF3) Outside of that, I only went online to download DLC for 1 other game (WWE). Only recently have I even had my xbox connected to the internet most of the time, and I have no desire to be forced into paying more for higher speed internet just so I can own a XB1, or when I go home to my parents house and their 1Mbps connection, where the service cannot be upgraded due to lack of infrastructure.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The negative feedback probably represents a tiny percent and I bet not even one percent of potential customers for this console. The market is sending the message that this online requirement is fine with them due to the number of customers buying the 360 and Live passes. I really have come to despise the Live requirement just to hop online for the rare game I play online but I also find it insulting I need it to access Netflix so I have to pay money to access content that costs money....

The sharing of games was one thing that made me buy more console games the past few years. With less time to play coworkers would all buy different games and we would swap titles over time.

I think this new system will sell just fine because people have already accepted many of the online requirements for existing games. I bet the complaining will be huge when service outages occur but they were warned.
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    What about the projection thing known as illumi Room? anyone heard about that? that was like sci-fi cool
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    the reason i play consoles is to get off line ... mine arent even connected to my wifi

with this change sure ya may not NEED to be online but every time i turn it on its gonna check for my account info

also installing stuff to the hard drive ... what happens when that fills up
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Let's see how many people can mount that new Kinect brick thing on top of their half an inch thick LED TVs :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think I've ever been less enthused for a new generation of consoles than I am for this one. I'll stick with PC, I guess.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    If the blu-ray player in the One is 3D capable, I will replace my PS3. I have purchased 1 game for my PS3 in the last 4 years - COD: Black Ops II - because I wanted to see what a 3D game was like after I purchased my 3D TV. (It didn't improve the gaming experience so I played in 2D after that.) All my gaming is through my 360 with the PS3 being my Blu-ray player and Amazon Prime video device. If the One has a 3D Blu-ray player I will keep both Xboxes in the living room and move the PS3 to the bedroom, again as a blu-ray and media hub. Once I have worked through the rest of the DLC for the few games I play and am sure I don't want to play 360 games any longer, I will replace the 360 with a PS4.

Otherwise I will keep my PS3 and wait to upgrade both until the second wave of hardware hits with the first price drops.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for posting. I am going to wait till the PS4 comes out. Sony has been at this game for a little longer and I prefer their equipment. Of course there are a lot of Sony titles that I have serious interest in. Not a big COD or BF guy, but love me some SOCOM. Never been a fan of XBOX and their clunky controllers. Sony usually does it right. The only problem with the PS3 was that it was WAY ahead of it's time. But that's what makes Sony consoles superior to Xbox. The Blu Ray alone made the PS3 a superior console.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I prefer the smaller indie titles on the PS3 because it was easier to find/discover. On the Xbox 360 the marketplace was kind of a mess. Sony and Microsoft are failing to see the rise of profits in iPad and smartphone games and embrace the indie developer.
  • Options
    GorbyGorby Member Posts: 141
    N2IT wrote: »
    Thanks for posting. I am going to wait till the PS4 comes out. Sony has been at this game for a little longer and I prefer their equipment. Of course there are a lot of Sony titles that I have serious interest in. Not a big COD or BF guy, but love me some SOCOM. Never been a fan of XBOX and their clunky controllers. Sony usually does it right. The only problem with the PS3 was that it was WAY ahead of it's time. But that's what makes Sony consoles superior to Xbox. The Blu Ray alone made the PS3 a superior console.

I thought I was the only guy in the world who actually likes Socom..
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I still play confrontation 2 times a week. PingGolfer is my name. Yes I know really stooped. Hit me up
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gorby wrote: »
    I thought I was the only guy in the world who actually likes Socom..

Nope another SOCOM lover right here! (only Socom 1, 2 and little of Confrontation)