Options

Finally landed a FTE position as a business analyst

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Finally! A FTE position with benefits and matching 401k along with vacation days and sick. I know for some this may seem silly, but I have been literally a hired gun for the last 3 years and now it's time to transition into something more stable. This positions is heavily into requirements gathering as you would expect for a BA position. However there is a heavy data element to this position as well. I would say it's 50/50 at this point, but obviously when I start I will get a better idea. I have received the thumbs up and just need to fill out the HR paperwork. I'm excited and hopefully this is my last job post for a long while. Being 37 puts me in a serious risk bracket if I continue to hop from contract to contract. This BA position is aligned with a app dev effort, not infrastructure or service management like I am used to, even though the last 3 month contract was heavily into app dev and ETL. Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great job! About time you get settled for a bit.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    I just did contract work for a year before getting my current FTE role and I completely understand what it's like to not have benefits or get vacation/holiday pay. Congrats man.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    UniqueAgEnTUniqueAgEnT Member Posts: 102
    Congrats N2. Sounds very familiar to the Business Analysts at my current company where they are almost Data Analysts for a percentage of their week. It seems like a good mixture :D
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Congrats again.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    Just woke up from a 2 hour nap LOL Thanks for the kind words. This environment has always had that caring feeling. Thanks a lot for the great responses. PT you are right it's time to settle :) @ Unique A lot of what they were interested in was using query analyzer in Excel and understanding how to concept a database in Access.
  • Options
    Forms have been submitted, offered to start to take a look at the data. My start date is on the 28th.
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!!!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    UniqueAgEnTUniqueAgEnT Member Posts: 102
    Yeah that definitely sounds like you will be doing some nice data analysis when you are not doing requirements gathering/business analysis. Definitely sounds like an interesting position!
  • Options
    He is going to send the XLSX file over so I can get an idea of what's going on with the data. This workbook has grown quite a bit from what I have been told. I plan on looking at ways of getting the data into access and try to automate some of the reporting. Essentially pulling from a SQL with VBA refreshing everytime the file opens. We will see :)
  • Options
    -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    Congrats!!
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey, big congratz!
  • Options
    eLseLs Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man and I have to give it up to you I would of been bummed out to keep doing contract work for so long. Enjoy the new position
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Information Systems
    2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
  • Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like things I do here and I'm not even a BA at my current company. its just part of my daily tasks...