Options

Im an IT professional who has never graduated from High School AMA.

2»

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Experience forgives all.
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    As someone that has never been to college, never graduated high school and has worked in a handful of different IT environments I'd like to open up to anyone else in a similar situation for questions and tips on how to move forward.

I have my MCTS, MCDST-MCP, VCP5. These were all obtained on my own...

I feel that skill over rides paper any day as far as college etc.. and anyone should be able to make it into a decent paying job without paying hundreds of thousands of dollars.

So if your interested in my experiences, my road to where i am.. ask away.

Much respect if this is a legitimate post.

I agree that having skills/experience is the game changer Vs having pieces of paper. Of course, that is another debate that rages here too, how do you get the skills/experience without the job?

You'll find that I'm one of the biggest antagonist of the US American Public Education System here on Tech Exams. I am a product of it and I know that it doesn't set you up for success, doesn't teach critical thinking, lazy teachers union, and out of touch school administrators and its no wonder that American students continue to rank lower then their peers across the globe.

U.S. Students Still Lag Behind Foreign Peers, Schools Make Little Progress In Improving Achievement

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/11/education/us-students-still-lag-globally-in-math-and-science-tests-show.html

Gives us more info on your background. Where are you from? What type of home life did you have? Did your parents go to college? Are you thinking about going to college or continue to knock out certs?
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    ThrowmeawayThrowmeaway Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where are you from? What type of home life did you have? Did your parents go to college?

I am from a really crappy part of a suburb in michigan. I went to a high violence school and was beat up a lot by gangs and thugs. I never blended in, but wasnt really a nerd either. I have lived all over though, florida, michigan and south carolina. Went to a private school from 3-7th grade and learned most of my values from there.

My parents did not go to college. My sister did for criminal justice but she never went anywhere with that.

Are you thinking about going to college or continue to knock out certs?

Right now im studying for certs. Currently going after the 681 and 686 to finish of the MS Gold Deployment for my company. Then its off to 410 etc for my first MCSA/E courses.