Options

Thinking about moving

BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
Me and my wife have been looking at the Dallas/ Fort Worth area for some time now. I have been working as a Defense Contractor, but now im looking to make the leap to the civilian side. Anyone have an good ideas on how to make some contacts over there? good places to start my search? Anything would be appreciated.
Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    DFW has a large corporate base (but not a lot of federal or state related stuff), so you should be able to find something up your alley. Hop on Dice.com, monster.com, or one of those other resume sites and start browsing. From when I lived there, there's a big IT corridor in the northern suburb of Frisco. Additionally, there are quite a few large corporations in Plano (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plano,_Texas#Headquarters_of_major_corporations) - so check in that area too.

If that doesn't meet your needs, but still want to move to Texas, check out Austin. Visa is putting in a large data center there, and there is a large tech presence there too (Dell, Apple, MS, Cisco, etc...)
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds like a good idea, a lot of forum members have found excellent opportunities in that area. If I was single and more ambitious I would think about transitioning out there. I wish you the best.