Options

pass CCNA

kp10tangkp10tang Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
pass CCNA today. First Attempt. 841/825. Barely Passed. Used Lammle 7th edition and exam cams by Jeremy. Also used exam simulator purchased online to see how the tests are like since this was my first attempt for Cisco. It was not a brain ****.

My q is, is it ok to go to CCNA/CCNP voice without taking CCNP? I kNow per exam policy, i can but how about in the real world? Voice and wireless is my ultimate goal.Also, I have 3X2620 XM, 2 X 2950, 1 X 3560. Are these enough to prepare CCNP voice?I am extremely lucky that I have all the access to Cisco IVR, Cisco CUCM, Cisco Voice Gateway, and many more. I work at office where there is a call center and all the IT guys are in Korea, and i am the only person who is in the State. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    FLEOHBFLEOHB Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A pass is still a pass, great job!
  • Options
    SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sure. Go straight to Voice.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats on the pass! Voice is awesome but it's not easy. I think it is better to go through R&S before voice - not necessarily test on it just have that foundation. There are many opinions on this but I think R&S is a must, regardless of what you decide to specialize in. Right now I'm doing the same thing - I'm gonna get R&S before I do my other track. The fact that you have access to voice equipment is awesome, this is going to be a great plus.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!

I took CCNA, then CCNA Voice, then CCNA Security and then CCNP with no issues. I found that doing CCNA Voice and Security before CCNP made certain aspects of the CCNP easier. For instance, all of the IPSec stuff on the CCNP was just a review after having studied it for CCNA Security.

I don't know about going for CCNP Voice before doing CCNP.
    But with all of the equipment that you have access to, if it can be done, YOU can do it.

Congrats again!!!
  • Options
    kp10tangkp10tang Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass.. A pass is a pass... Good job icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA