Options

70-680 What is the difference between automatic and manual capture?

fabiogfabiog Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello
On the exam objectives for deployment it states:
This objective may include but is not limited to: preparing system for capture; creating a WIM file; automated capture; manual capture.
My question is what is the difference between automatic and manual.
Is the manual method the imagex method and automatic use WDS?

Thanks for the replies.

Comments

• Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    ImageX is one of the manual methods, WDS is one of the automatic methods. You are in the correct train of thought.
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    fabiog wrote: »
    Hello
    On the exam objectives for deployment it states:
    This objective may include but is not limited to: preparing system for capture; creating a WIM file; automated capture; manual capture.
    My question is what is the difference between automatic and manual.
    Is the manual method the imagex method and automatic use WDS?

Thanks for the replies.

As I understand it, and plese if I am wrong someone correct me as I am going for this exam in about a month, but the manual method is you use ImageX to capture the image, after having use sysprep and possibly DISM to modify it as you see fit.

The automatic method is using WDS where it doesn't really allow configuration, it takes the basic image you have and then captures that image back to itself, in preparation for an automatic deployment...
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies .
    They are all correct and it's good that we are understanding and absorbing what we are learning.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Windows AIK can also be used in a hybrid setup with the Lite Touch Interaction method(s)
  • Options
    After more research MDT2010 seems to work too ,actually might be more automated with LTI than WDS.