Options

Passed CCNA !

ohmiharuohmiharu Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
After starting in November but actually getting serious in January. As of May 22nd 2013. I passed the CCNA composite exam !icon_cheers.gif
I thought test would be harder but it was actually easy especially after knowing the concepts. :D So far I made it to my goal. Getting two certifications at 18 years old. Next goal get 2-3 certifications each year. icon_thumright.gif I am on a roll now.
Current Certifications: Security+
Obtaining for: CCNA
Certification Goals: Linux+

Comments

• Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats ! But please keep in mind, there is no point in getting 2-3 certs a year, the best thing you can do is match the cert with work experience in that field.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! Nothing is hard if you know it. And I completely agree with JeanM. Not much point in getting so many certs, the most important thing is knowing the technologies. Pursue the experience and expertise not the papers with letters on them. They only get you interviews.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations!!
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!

What materials did you use to study? Don't forget to update your sig :)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! Funny how easy something is when you know it well :)
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, I would recommend that once you get the certification make sure to back it up with experience, don't cert horde, we interviewed a person the other day that had 30 certifications, and a masters degree, and they knew nothing in depth about any of the fields they were certified in. I would rather know a lot about a little, than know little about a lot.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I will probably go the two test route. May I ask what study materials you used. I have the Todd Lammle book.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!

While the others are correct with the certs and experience, it can also work the way you are thinking. Some companies and some people are impressed by the number of certs. In my company, in order to get the promotion that I just got, it was definitely the sheer number of certs that put me ahead of the pack.

Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think it's great that your going for more certifications. At 18 years old it can be tough getting your foot in the door in some places, so with those 2 at your age and whatever you add to it will show hard work, dedication and focus. Three things any employer will be proud of. I think, once you do get your foot in the door and your workload starts to increase, your dedication and focus may shift to gaining that experience naturally but if you have the willpower/time and ability to do both then go ahead, just don't burn yourself out.
  • Options
    lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing
  • Options
    Z3-MasterdZ3-Masterd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go, ohmiharu! How much time did you have leftover?
  • Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    Congrats, bro! It's the best feeling in the world, isn't it?
  • Options
    canojcanoj Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    30 certs and a masters degree, and he's totally blank ? Are you kidding ?
    Blackout wrote: »
    Congrats, I would recommend that once you get the certification make sure to back it up with experience, don't cert horde, we interviewed a person the other day that had 30 certifications, and a masters degree, and they knew nothing in depth about any of the fields they were certified in. I would rather know a lot about a little, than know little about a lot.
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice
  • Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    danstar wrote: »
    30 certs and a masters degree, and he's totally blank ? Are you kidding ?

I know people who are extremely intelligent, but once you try and talk to them you'd wonder how they made it through high school. Absolutely no social skills or ability to communicate their knowledge with others. To be honest though, I'd probably hire a person like that if it were a position where they were working on their own. There is no telling what they will come up with. I actually have a relative like this with a masters degree, reads encyclopedia's for fun, no social life. Can't get a job to save his life. Probably has one of the highest IQ's of anyone I've ever met.
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. ;)
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way to go :) keep up the good work!
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino