Options

Is Network+ worth it?

d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
Greetings,

I am currently CCNA certified and recently passed CCNP ROUTE(642-902) exam, and I would like to know if Network+ certification would help me with my carreer, or at least increase my knowledge.

Should I go for N+ or straight to Sec+?

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I, personally, loved the material in Network+, but I did it before the CCNA. I would usually say that you should get your Net+, but if you already have one of the CCNP exams in, then I would just keep going on CCNP.

With the possible exception of some government job that requires all of its employees to have A+, Net+ and Security+ (US DOD) no one is going to care or even notice that you don't have the Net+ if you have CCNA and CCNP.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    SharkDiver wrote: »

With the possible exception of some government job that requires all of its employees to have A+, Net+ and Security+ (US DOD) no one is going to care or even notice that you don't have the Net+ if you have CCNA and CCNP.

I totally agree. This is the only scenario in which you would do it, IMO. If you're at the CCNP level and have a CCNA, N+ would be utterly pointless.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Thank you both for your answers...

So, I'm currently in a security role, then would should I go for after CCNP R&S: Sec+ then CCNP Sec (long term) then GCFW or should I skip Sec+ too?
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    You already have the CCNA Security. I would skip the Security+. Same reasons.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    The matter with Sec+ is the same as with N+. Taking into account you have CCNA Sec and are planning to get CCNP, Sec+ will be of no benefit other than the before-mentioned.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Thank you very much! :)
  • Options
    tbhoustontbhouston Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't bother with comptia at this stage in your career . its like getting another undergrad degree once you have your masters..